“Great service and delicious food!”

El Tovar Lodge Dining Room
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 18, 2013

After a long day at the Grand Canyon, my friends and I arrived at the restaurant. I had made the reservation a month in advance and were excited to watch the sunset from the dining hall.

When we were escorted into the dining hall (in our hiking clothes), we felt slightly under-dressed because the service was far superior than what we had dressed for. Not to worry! I don't think any guest of the restaurant was dressed in anything other than hiking clothes. But you can dress up if you want...it would definitely feel appropriate.

Food was delicious! I had the salmon and it was wonderful! We wanted dessert but we were too full in the end. My salmon was close to $30...which is on the higher end, but was glad to receive great service.

Would definitely make a reservation here again!

And the sunset? Well, the dining hall faced northwest (moreso north) and all we could see was the sun's reflection on the clouds. You can see sunlight over the majestic canyon while you eat but if you want to see the sunset...just step outside the hotel.

There are newer reviews for El Tovar Lodge Dining Room

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I would say it was a decent value for lunch. The food was not outstanding but it was good. The atmosphere is very nice and charming. There are only a few tables that have views of the canyon but it was a cozy room and we had a table near the fireplace. Service was very good and the staff was attentive. You need reservations for dinner but it is first come first serve at lunch. It is a safe choice if you need a rest on your day at the Grand Canyon.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

great breakfast great views !
sit by a window on the canyon side and WOW ! what a great place to eat and relax, the food is great, the staff is very friendly, if your hungry you will want to give this place a try !

Reviewed March 18, 2013

The food was not up to par. Not one of the four of us were satisfied with our selection. One meal was deleted from the bill because the Rack of Lamb was mostley fat. Beautiful place, but go for drinks and enjoy the view, eat somewhere else.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I had the steak with Mushrooms and onions. Good flavor and did not need any embellishment with sauce as the mushroom and onion provided excellent flavor. Salad my wife had was pretty good. The Halibut my son had was okay but the Ginger Rice was fantastic.