“Grandview Trail Custom Day Hike”

The Wildland Trekking Company
More attraction details
Owner description: The Wildland Trekking Company provides exceptional Grand Canyon hiking tours and backpacking trips in Grand Canyon National Park and to the famous Havasupai Waterfalls in Grand Canyon West. Our Grand Canyon hiking tours range from day hikes to all-inclusive, multi-day Grand Canyon backpacking trips to the bottom of the Grand Canyon and the Colorado River. We also offer inn-based Grand Canyon hiking tours to Phantom Ranch as well as hiking packages (inn-based and basecamp) from both rims. When it comes to Grand Canyon hiking, we're the experts! We've earned recognition in Backpacker Magazine, Men's Health, Sunset, and Lonely Planet Traveler, as well as on the Discovery Channel. Come join us for a Grand Canyon hiking adventure you'll never forget!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed May 10, 2013

My husband and I had an amazing day on the Grandview Trail with our guide Larry. Larry was so helpful, knowledgeable and most especially patient!!!! We set a goal to make it to Horseshoe Mesa and we were successful!! The hike was as challenging as they told us it would be, but well worth the effort. Can't wait to hike with Larry again!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,634)

Reviewed May 9, 2013

For many years, my son and I had wanted to hike and camp in the Grand Canyon. After seeing how easily that could happen with Wildland Trekking's help, we decided to do the trip down the Grandview Trail to Horseshoe Mesa. The Canyon's beauty, the perfect weather, and our multi-talented and friendly guide, Tess, made it a great experience that we will always remember. We hope to come back and do a Rim to Rim trip with Wildland Trekking and our favorite guide!

Reviewed May 4, 2013

My three day hiking trip to the bottom of Grand Canyon could not have been better. We had an excellent guide, great March weather and a good group of hikers. The guide and mules did most of the work, so all we had to do was carry a day pack and enjoy the views. It is important to be in shape before the trip, so I recommend walking the stairs in hiking shoes with a backpack full of books about a month before you depart. I am over 50 and was a little nervous, but it was pure joy all the way.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Travelling to the US with three free days enabled me to take this tour - my first conact with Wildland Trekking (e-mail) was easy & efficient and i got a quick resonse; shortly afterwards I made a booking to take a three day trip into the Canyon with a group of six (including Tiffany, our guide). We were all supplied with top quality gear for the trip and a guide who simply could not have been more helpful. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this trip to anyone who is reasonably fit and who wants to see some truly breaktaking scenery. The hiking itself is tiring and you do carry quite a bit of weight, but the sense of satisfaction when you're done - priceless!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

My friend John and I are early 60's semi-retired business people knocking off the odd bucket list item. The Grand Canyon has been on my list for years, and we committed in late fall after a couple of years of excuses. Which left us about 3 months to hike near home and work our way up to the 40 pounds we needed to carry, while taking off a few of the other kind. The kidding back and forth as we drove our wives crazy with our preparations and whining was as much fun as the hike, nearly.

Our luck that we were matched with the best guide (Chris Hoge), the best hiking partners (the two of us and three way-too-fit and fun people, 2 of whom rowed on the US Olympics teams and other who climbed Mt. Kilimanjero), and the best weather and hiking conditions. Far exceeded my already high expectations; fresh veggies at every meal, great food, a very knowlegeable, incredibly hard-working and experienced guide focussed on safety first; scenery and great 'edgy' hiking which pushed my comfort zone in a good way. Terrified for months about the climb out, only to find it was tough but not a killer. But do your preparation. Actually we were disappointed to finish on day 5, and both of us were in the dumps for a month after due to the let-down from the high. A similar hike is now intended to be an annual event.

Rich M