“Huntleys hiking the Hermit Trail” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Wildland Trekking

The Wildland Trekking
More attraction details
Owner description: The Wildland Trekking Company provides exceptional Grand Canyon hiking tours and backpacking trips in Grand Canyon National Park and to the famous Havasupai Waterfalls in Grand Canyon West. Our Grand Canyon hiking tours range from day hikes to all-inclusive, multi-day Grand Canyon backpacking trips to the bottom of the Grand Canyon and the Colorado River. We also offer inn-based Grand Canyon hiking tours to Phantom Ranch as well as hiking packages (inn-based and basecamp) from both rims. When it comes to Grand Canyon hiking, we're the experts! We've earned recognition in Backpacker Magazine, Men's Health, Sunset, and Lonely Planet Traveler, as well as on the Discovery Channel. Come join us for a Grand Canyon hiking adventure you'll never forget!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Huntleys hiking the Hermit Trail”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

Hiking with Russ as our guide for a day hike in the Grand Canyon was one of the most amazing experiences of our lives and which we will remember forever, so many great photos as well. Russ was an excellent guide who was very intuitive about the pace we took and amazingly produced a great picnic lunch including table cloth! We would highly recommend Wildland Trekking as a highly professional company, efficient without fuss and a lot of fun. Thank you for the memories, this is something we would not have undertaken on our own and it was a privelige to walk into the Canyon.

Laval, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Grand Canyon Rim to Rim hike”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

I had the pleasure to do the "Rim to Rim" hike last week with Crystal Ghiglieri as a
guide. This short note is to thank you, and especially Crystal, you have all made
this adventure a once-in-a-lifetime, very enjoyable experience. Crystal is
a soft-spoken, good-humored, calm and competent guide. She was both a
guide, a nurse, a cook, a helper and... a mother to our group of 5. I am sure
all your guides are good, but she is the top. And she probably saved the
life of a poor woman, victim of dehydration. Crystal, thank you for a wonderful experience !

And thank you to the whole team at Wildland Trekking for your professional
approach. I certainly hope to have the pleasure of dealing with you again

Ocean Grove, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tanner Escalante Trail”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

An absolutely fabulous six day journey lead by the intrepid Russ Norstrand from Wildlands Trekking. Tough and remote and not for the faint hearted this trek highlighted the beauty and splendour of the Grand Canyon as well as an up close and personal look at the flora and fauna- Well never forget Russ's encounter with a rattle snake. Wildlands Trekking left no stone unturned to help us in our preparation. Couldn't fault them. Tony Healy Ocean Grove Australia

New Freedom, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Amazing Havasu Falls”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

I would like to personally thank Wildland Trekking, especially Drew & Sondra, for the excellent job they did on our recent hiking trip to Havasu. Quite simply -- excellent is the only word that comes to mind. From pre-trip discussion and communcation, to the pre-trip meeting, to the pick up at the hotel, to the hike in and out, as well as the hikes during the time in the canyon, there was no detail left to chance and everything was quite simply amazing. Neither my husband nor I had ever done anything like this before and the comfort we got from our guides that they had everything under control was reassuring. In addition, I have a tremendous fear of heights and they both took great care when descending and ascending the obstacles to get to Beaver Falls. When I started to get really behind on the 10 mile hike out of the canyon, Sondra was right there to encourage me, help me, and make me feel like it was 'alright'. In addition, the fact that everything was provided - tents, sleeping bags, food, etc. - provided another level of convenience for novice hikers. They were simply amazing and I would certainly recommend that anyone interested in seeing these amazing falls -- use WIldland Trekking!

Toronto, Canada
“Grandview Loop Tour with Wildlands trekking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

I would like to take this opportunity and say thank you to Wildlandtrekking company.
Me and my friend did Grandview Tour (it was 4 days hike) with Wildlands trekking and we had really great time.
It was really good organized and we had great experience.
And special thanks to our tour guide who is very professional and very knowledgeable guide.
We did hikes in Canada and in other countries and I have to say that he is by far most professional guide we meet. I will defiantly recommend this company and will try to use them in the future, Dmitri