“A Must Do For Any Visitor To The Grand Canyon”

Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters
Book In Advance
More Info
$149.99*
and up
Grand Canyon Landmarks Tour by Airplane
More attraction details
Owner description: Since 1965, The Papillon Group has been providing visitors a privileged perspective to one of the world's greatest natural wonders. Papillon is the only company flying the entire Grand Canyon, including areas untouched by man and inaccessible by foot. As one of the world's oldest and largest sightseeing companies, Papillon flies an estimated 600,000 passengers a year on its daily tours to the Grand Canyon and the surrounding southwest. Recognized world wide for its aircraft tours, Papillon's fleet of 70 helicopters and airplanes gives guests a bird's eye view all their own. Whether by helicopter, plane, or coach, Papillon offers more than 40 unique excursions. Choose from air only flights, combo tours, all-day excursions, or a stunning flight to the bottom of the Grand Canyon.
Reviewed September 6, 2013

This helicopter tour was definitely the highlight of our Grand Canyon trip. We went on the longer tour (the Grand Kingdom) which was approximately 40 minutes. We had previously taken a helicopter flight in Alaska and this was much smoother and we were able to take lots of pictures. We thought the safety precautions taken were very thorough. The pilot and staff were very professional. We would highly recommend this tour to all who visit the Grand Canyon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,288)
All reviews
in 17 reviews
"highlight of our trip"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I am very disappointed in the flight I had today with Papillon. Our guide Christopher Erin from Cosmos spoke highly of this company and said it took the safety briefing very seriously, this is far from what we experienced.

When we arrived the video was half finished, a guy gave us a pack, I had to help a fellow tourist put his on as he also missed the video. We were asked if we watched the video, I said only the last part but he ignored what I said. This guy then called a name of a person who had not yet arrived, he then went on to UNPROFESIONALLY make fun of the 'Frenchy' When the guy did arrive, he was not weighed, he was given a pack to put on, and given no safety briefing.

I was told we would all be able to see, I was put in the back in the middle just behind the pilots side. I had my partner who is heavier than me and much bigger than me on one side and a guy of equal size on the other side of me with his smaller girlfriend on the opposite window. I'm not sure how this works in weight distribution. The guy who seated us was also non friendly and I question whether he seated us correctly.

For my $233USD all I got to see was the upper rim of the canyon. I saw more standing on the rim looking into the canyon for FREE.

I have emailed the company which took 3 emails for them to finally acknowledge me, I am still waiting for a reply and will continue to email them.

My recommendation is find another coy, watch how they service their customers before you pay!

4  Thank Sharyn_1959
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This should have rated 5 stars: the ride over the Grand Canyon is not to be missed. But our pilot, Kara (or Cara?) described NOTHING. She simply played the pre-recorded (tacky) sound track and narration. Didn't point out any sights of interest; didn't ask if anyone had questions. Never even explained how to use the microphones on our headsets. No interaction. We did a helicopter tour on Kauai a year ago, and had a great pilot. We chose this company because reviews were so positive. Disappointing, at the price we paid for the longer trip.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Awesome! Simply awesome! My wife and I were on a cross country trip in our RV. The rail of the GC was WAY overcrowded and the tourists were annoying! So we attacked the problem by air! I'm a career Army vet and have been in many helicopters so I was excited, this was my wife's first helo ride ever and she was great! We held hands and enjoyed the spectacular view of the canyon from above, the view was nothing short of amazing! The staff at Papillon were very helpful and professional as was our pilot. Their prices are fairly reasonable too. They did a great job and my wife and I got the pictures of a lifetime without screaming kids walking into the shot by accident. I would highly recommend this to anyone wanting to see the grand canyon!