Mather Campground
$248
$174
Official Hotel
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $211/night.

$175
Orbitz.com
$271
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $310/night.

$276
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $340/night.

$250
$123
$110
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $125/night.

$169
$164
QualityInn
$195
$400
Priceline
Yavapai Lodge(Grand Canyon National Park)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfire pitpine loopgeneral storelaundry facilitiescoin operatedtent campersgreat campsitelarge sitesquiet hoursflush toiletsgrocery storecamp groundchange machinegrand canyonvisitor centersenior passcamp sites are
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This campground compares favorably, but not remarkably, with other campgrounds. I rate it "very good". But... given the utter unavailability, as well as VERY high prices of any motel rooms within 20 miles of the canyon, I rate this campground "excellent". I booked the site very last minute, all of the other lodging had been sold out months earlier. Clean, but not spotless. Quiet, especially given how big a campground it is. All of the facilities were well maintained. The check-in was a problem, as the campground office was literally never open while I was at the campground. THey were closed when I arrived at 8PM, closed the next morning when I went out for my run over to the North Rim and back, and closed when I got back at 8:30 PM. I wound up "checking-in" when I "checked-out" on day 3, but they gave me no problems. Given the rustic nature of much of the "in the park" lodging, I think the campground represents an excellent value for visiting an amazing National Park.

Room Tip: In a lot of campgrounds, going all the way "to the back" means a quieter campsite. Here "to the back" means closer to the highway.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 24, 2012

There was a lot of space and privacy at our site (#292 I think), and it looked as though most of the sites had the same. The showers are far, but it's not really a big deal. They do cost $2 for 8 minutes, but I didn't really mind that. I think it's pretty helpful in the conservation effort, and the shower felt fantastic after exploring the rim and some of the trails all day.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Booked two nights here.
Pitches were big enough for us to spread all our gear out
Toilets were clean and tidy
Showers clean & good value
Bus Shuttle was close by
Village Shop fully stocked and not too expensive

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank gwlewis
Reviewed September 16, 2012

A very big campground but plenty of space on each pitch. We had 2 nights here, the first of which was good and the second a disaster. No fault of the campground but a six hour thunderstorm over our tent caused us to wake up at 3am lying in 4 inches of water. Stayed the rest of the night in the car and packed up the following morning in the rain.

We used the showers and found it difficult to get hold of 8 quarters each, we needed 24 in total for the three of us to shower. They weren't the cleanest campsite showers I've used but given ow busy it is they aren't too bad.

Room Tip: Choose your pitch carefully, avoid through routes but stay an easy walk from the rest rooms
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We spent 3 nights in the campground and thought it was a great place. All of the sites are spacious with room for more than one tent. There were two washrooms on our loop. A trail leads directly to the shuttle stop for access to the rest of the village. There is showers and a laundry mat at the entrance.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family