If you want a total escape from the real world, take a hike, mule ride or float trip to Phantom Ranch at the bottom of the Grand Canyon in Arizona. Very rustic stone cabins as well as male and female dorms available. Meals at the dining/beer hall are available by advanced reservation and served family style - either steak or stew dinners with a breakfast also available. Cabin and dorm reservations are available but must be made in advance. When you call for reservations take whatever is available. Hiking in the summer is very hot. Winter is pleasant but trails can be very icy but doable with ice cleats. Many day hikes available from Phantom Ranch. Colorado River is less than a mile away. Cell phones have sketchy service so leave at your car for a complete get-away. 10 of us hike to Phantom Ranch every year and stay in one of the two group cabins. You will never regret your stay at Phantom Ranch. The majority of guests at the ranch every year are repeat guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Phantom Ranch is a historic oasis nestled at the bottom of Grand Canyon. It is on the north side of the Colorado River tucked in beside Bright Angel Creek. Phantom is the only lodging below the canyon rim. The Ranch can only be reached by mule, by foot or by rafting the Colorado River. Overnight accommodations at Phantom Ranch consist of dormitory spaces and cabins. Cabins and dormitories are heated in winter and cooled during the summer months. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Phantom Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Phantom Ranch Hotel Grand Canyon National Park
- Phantom Ranch Grand Canyon
- Grand Canyon Phantom Ranch