“Wonderful sight”

Full Day: Grand Canyon Complete Tour from Flagstaff
$139.99*
Grand Canyon South Rim from Sedona with Optional Helicopter Flight
More attraction details
Owner description: The hub of activity at the Grand Canyon's South Rim, this busy village offers hotels, shops and restaurants from fast food to fine dining.
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

The village has a gift shop, restaurant and tours area. The gift shop has all the souvenirs you would ever need to buy. The restaurant has wonderful service, nice prices, but the food is just not great. I am no Chef but I can make a better sandwich and bowl of chili blind folded.

3  Thank BarbS1213
There are newer reviews for Grand Canyon Village

Reviewed December 12, 2012

We had a great time visiting the Grand Canyon and seeing all the views but its was very expensive for 2 people to camp there. We were spending about 70 a night for a camping spot, 2 bundles of firewood and some ice for the cooler. The camping spots were very close together and lots didn't even have a fire pit.
Over all it was still a great visit but left a little bit of a sour taste from feeling your bring ripped off for everything. Even had to pay $3 on top of the huge cost of everything else to take a very short shower.
Next time buy your own wood, food and anything else you can 2 hours before you get there as they make sure no one sells anything close to their campsites but them and their retarded prices.

2  Thank Hostel_FunkyMonkey
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed in the Grand Canyon Village for three nights while there on an extended vacation in 2012, we are planning on returning in the spring of 2014 and will be staying for another 3 or 4 nights at one or both of the hotels there. If you have never been to the Grand Canyon I would say it should be at the top of your "to do list" or your "bucket list". The views are amazing and if you believe in a higher power after seeing the Grand Canyon you will believe deeper and if you don't believe in a higher power, you will after your first look at the canyon. I was so moved by it's beauty that I actually started crying and believe me when I tell you I don't cry easily. Please, please do yourself a favor and make a trip to the Grand Canyon a must, on your to do list.

5  Thank Linda2400
Reviewed December 4, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed visiting Grand Canyon Village. We did this in the afternoon after spending all morning on the South Rim. We really enjoyed visiting all the various hotels especially El Tovar. We had great views of the canyon from every point in the village. There were also a great variety of eating establishments to choose from. All of the hotel and park rangers were friendly and helpful, This place has a great history along with great beauty. Enjoy walking around and visting the hotels and shops.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

We booked the AAA Rails to the Rim package. We loved the Grand Canyon Hotel. Took the fun Grand Canyon Railway to the South Rim. If you book this tour I highly recommend you skip the "Motorcoach Rim Tour". You eat breakfast in Williams, munch on the train, and as soon as you get to The Village a tour bus takes you to the Maswik Lodge for an awful, crowded buffet lunch. It is literally after 1:00 before you even see the rim! As soon as you get there, go walk up to the Village area. There are plenty of places to grab a snack. The Village has an amazing free bus system. There are four different routes that cover the entire area. A bus shows up every ten minutes, even "off" season. The drivers are very friendly, helpful and more informative than the tour bus driver. The blue route takes you right to the GC Visitor Center. You should take the time to walk (very easy) to Mather Point. The red route goes along the west end of the rim. Cars can't go on this road and there are nine scenic bus stops. Take a back pack and a bottle of water with you. To avoid litter in the canyon they don't sell disposable water bottles. There are filtered water refill stations everywhere. The village is an easy walk and take the free buses!

6  Thank norcalhummingbirds