“Over cooked bison”

Ptarmigan Dining Room
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed and ate here Friday night 6/29/2018. I ordered the bison tenderloin cooked medium rare. The steak I received was medium well. Our server from Ecuador did not ask about our meal until I was done and disappointed. My wife's meal was prime rib which was very good. I love a properly cooked bison tenderloin, which I have had many times, even in another Zantera dining room but this one was not worth the expense.

Reviewed September 9, 2018

Full Disclosure: This was paid for my tour company because of problems and I have no idea of the price. The filet mignon was excellent. As a one top with a gratuity included, i am the bane of waiters and he did tend to forget me. I had a table by the window with a fabulous view. When I was wine steward in the Ptarmigan Room in 1969, I was part of the singing crew that gave renditions of songs like Edelweiss. I asked my waiter who sounded Germanic about it and he had no idea what I was talking about. The food may be overpriced but the view out the window cannot be measured. Akin to Jackson Lake Lodge but the mountains are closer. Recommend.

Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

My friends and I were on the Red Bus Tour in Glacier National Park and stopped for lunch at the Ptarmigan. I ordered a salad with grilled chicken. My friends both ordered the roast beef sandwich. Each of the dishes were well presented; however, the food did not taste as good as it looked. My salad had pieces of extremely bruised greens and very dry chicken. Plus, only half of the salad had any dressing. The sandwiches had plenty of roast beef but hardly any moisture such as mayonnaise. The bread crumbled as they ate the food. The food was not cheap; but, we left much of it on the plate.

Reviewed September 2, 2018

After our morning hike from the Swiftcurrent trailhead to Redrock Falls we picked this place for a late lunch solely on the merits of the spectacular view across the lake. Some of the worst meals I've ever had were in National Parks, so I looked forward only to not being hungry any more.
We were seated promptly at the windows and had good service throughout our meal. The place wasn't too busy after the typical lunch hour.
The menu was not extensive, offering variations on pub fare. We were pleasantly surprised by the not-too-high prices. The modest beer list was well curated.
All 4 of us were happy with our meals. I had the sausage sando, The Wife got the spinach salad, and The Boy got the bison chili and The Girl got a burger.
The Ptarmigan Room was a solid choice.

Reviewed August 29, 2018

The restaurant is an old room with very high wooden ceilings. Out the window are fantastic views of Swiftcurrent Lake and the mountains beyond. The food is fantastic. We had (between the 3 of us): the trout, the bison tenderloin, and the bison chili burger.