“Nice find!”

Interlaken Lounge at Many Glacier Hotel
Cuisines: International
Reviewed September 24, 2018

At a number of National Park Lodges we've been to, there's the fancy-schmancy dining room and little else. Well, here at the Many Glacier Hotel, there's an alternative. We looked at the dining room and found it too fancy and expensive for our interest. Off to the side is the Swiss Lounge. Nice place. We were pleased to find it. First off, it's crowded. While we didn't have to wait, we did have to knock someone off their chair to find a table (well, not really. We politely waited until a couple had finished, then swooped in to get their table). My point - you may have to wait for a table. The Lounge is pretty with lots of wood, tables and booths. The service is quite pleasant, but they are over-stretched. (of note is a delightful young lady bussing the tables; English was a second language for her (maybe Swiss or similar European origin). She was sooooo attentive, pleasant and tried hard to converse with us).

We were very pleasantly surprised at the food. My wife and I shared a hamburger and fries. Both were very good. The burger was large (1/2 pound at least). The fries were very tasty. They had a crisp coating that was crunchy and tasty. As I recall, wasn't too pricy (did have the National Park boost; but not unreasonable).

Were quite pleased to find.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank MikeB1952

Reviewed September 17, 2018

Food was so-so, but the huckleberry margaritas are like drinking ice cold sweet tarts...don’t hesitate to get one.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed September 5, 2018

After a long day of hiking, we were famished and decided to eat at the Interlaken Lounge. Nice atmosphere by the bar, good place for a drink.
Since we had been eating a lot of burgers and sandwiches, I ordered the pasta with marinara sauce for something different. Granted, this place is a lounge, but the Ptarmigan Dining room is right next door, and I figured that it was the same kitchen. It was, by far, the worst meal I have had in a restaurant in a long time. The dish was literally pasta from a box with a jar sauce (and not enough sauce). It was pretty much tasteless. Bottom line, if you come here, don't get anything other than brats/burgers.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 12, 2018

why don't they just expand and let people eat in the lounge area. it's so sad. hungry people have to stand at the door, because they won't take a reservation or call you when your table is ready. sticky tables. it's like eating in china. sarah was such a sweet waitress. they really need to expand that place. it brings out the animal in people.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

I think this place may also be called The Swiss Lounge at many glaciers Hotel. Either way this review is for the bar at the hotel which serves drinks and a alternative food source for the expensive restaurant. They serve lunch and supper there but no breakfast. They do have table service for food and drinks but the seating is first-come first serve Style so you may have to stand and wait for a table to open up or you may get lucky and sit right down. The food is prepared by the main restaurant but it's not the same menu. We ate there twice for supper, the first night we had to wait a few minutes the second night we sat right down. We're trying to eat less these days so we ordered two appetizers and split those along with a local beer. The beer was called bear bottom blonde and it was pretty good. We got the fried mushroom appetizer and sausage plate appetizer. They were great and the beer complimented them perfectly. The second night we also got an appetizer along with a main entree that we split between us. The appetizer was the trout dip with little pieces of toast to spread it on. For the entree we got the Italian pasta dish with sun-dried tomatoes. Along with the same beer we thought this was a great selection. My wife really enjoyed the trout dip next thing I knew it was about gone and I hardly got a bite. She told me it was very delicious. They also offer other appetizers along with main entrees and desserts. We quite enjoyed this alternative to the main restaurant and figure that we saved about half the price compared to eating in the restaurant.

Date of visit: June 2018