“Very Enjoyable way to see the Glaciers.”

Glacier Park Boat Co
Reviewed August 3, 2013

My family and I took the Many Glacier Boat tour across Swiftcurrent Lake and Lake Josephine with the guided hike to Grinnell Lake. The guide made everyone feel comfortable with the pace was easy enough for the group, we did have a lot of people on the group -- but it was very nice and we even got to see a mama and baby Moose! I would certainly do this again and recommend to others.

4  Thank Stcsgirl
in 5 reviews
"bear scat"
"great ride"

Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

The boat guides were all great, we did the ranger-led hike from Many Glacier boat dock to Grinnell Glacier. The boat takes a mile or two off the total hike distance which is great. The views are lovely of course and the boat is fine ride. However, the boats' capacity are only about 50 people so we had to wait on the return trip as the boat fills up fast. Would be better if they had two boats on each lake to eliminate wait time for exhausted hikers at the end of the day.

2  Thank Luke P
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Loved the idea of a hike with a ranger and accessing a part of the park via boat so took the St Mary's fall trip and walk. We reserved well in advance and when we checked in an hour before departure, we were told the tour was "not very crowded". Well I guess they had a lot of walk ins since then as every seat was taken. The boat ride was nice and the boat a work of wooden boat art but the insights offered were not too deep. Our ranger was lovely but the hike destination was a bit lackluster (nothing in particular about these falls I would recommend to anyone) The best part was identifying plants (asking the ranger to show me huckleberries vs service berries etc) and a few things pointed out by boat. Still, if I had to do it again, I would have spent the time doing a more of the Highline trail. If I ran this company, I'd split off my audience into niches like serious hikers, easy hikers, not scientific, interested in biology, etc. We just sort of shrugged our shoulders and said, "OK, next..."

2  Thank bluntrater
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We did a nice long hike up to Cobalt Lake, above Two Medicine Lakes.
We made it up to Cobalt Lake and headed back down and
decided to take the long way around Two Medicine Lake.
On the way around some in our party ran out of water and
then really didn't want to do the long way.
As pure luck would have it we saw the boat coming way down the lake for the late afternoon
trip to the dock at the west end of the lake.
We hustled down there and made it to the West boat dock
just in time to fill up the boat to capacity and
get a nice ride back instead of having to hike the 3-4 extra miles.
Well worth the $6.
But as others have noted, ticketed people get 1st choice and
we were very lucky there were just enough spaces for our group!!!

Taking the boat can make it easier to get up to some of the nice places
up above Two Med Lake like UTM Lake, Cobalt Lake, Twin Falls, No Name Lake,
Dawson Pass, Two Medicine Pass, etc.
But check the schedule and rules carefully about who get priority on the ride.

1  Thank LittletonCoBillb
See more reviews
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I took two of the boat rides (with guided hikes on each) while in Glacier National Park. First, I took the Two Medicine boat and the guided hike to Twin Falls. While there were a lot of people on the hike, Natalie did a great job making sure everyone kept up and telling us about all of the flora and fauna in the area. The falls were pretty packed once we got there, but were still very beautiful. I was impressed with how knowledgeable all of the guides were.
The second trip I did was at Many Glacier - across Swiftcurrent Lake and Lake Josephine with the guided hike to Grinnell Lake. Again, there were a lot of people on the hike, but the guide made everyone feel comfortable with the pace.
The nice thing about both boat trips was that the boats run as many times as needed to get everyone back to the starting point. I would recommend making reservations if you really want to do one or more of these, as there was a waiting list for the boat at Many Glacier when I got there (fortunately I was able to get on). Make sure you take at least one of the boat rides in Glacier - it really gives you a different perspective on the park!

2  Thank lirwin13