“Lovely falls- keep going after St. Mary's and the other falls”
Review of Virginia Falls

Virginia Falls
Reviewed August 9, 2012

It helped me a ton when other people advised me to keep going after St. Mary's falls- even though there are other falls- I wasn't sure. But I kept going. You will KNOW when you get here. There are 2 viewing areas- the higher one gets you up close and personal to the falls such that you can feel the mist. The one a bit lower is good for viewing or photos if you don't want mist on your lens from above. Nice falls!

3  Thank chamdex

Reviewed August 7, 2012

I'm glad that I hiked the extra distance to visit Virginia Falls from the St. Mary Falls. I found the Virginia Falls to be far more scenic. The Virginia Falls offer far more composition options for photography than the more popular St. Mary Falls as well.

2  Thank gnagel
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Well ok, not really, AND YETnwas a jewel in the crown of Glacier NP! Shortish hike in, easy peasy. Two stunning falls. First is St Mary's falls. Don't be fooled. Walk on! Virginia is up the road waiting for you. Ok, so it's a bit crowded, and the last .02 miles home vertical, it's still more than well worth it!

1  Thank Bethparks
Reviewed July 24, 2012

the trail from Sunrift Gorge to Virginia Falls was very nice, terrific views all the way around and the falls (there are several on the way back to Virginia Falls) are all different and beautiful! Highly recommend!

Reviewed July 22, 2012

3 of us hiked St. Mary's and Virginia falls one afternoon. The Viriginia hike was my favorite of all our hikes in GNP. Beautiful giant cedars, not a lot of people and the falls are magnificent. Saw deer which just watched us hike by, unconcerned. This is very uphill but no snow like at Logan's Pass.

2  Thank vetmom