“Great Halibut and Service”

Denali Park Salmon Bake
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our landmark bar and grill's Alaskan menu has something for everyone. While we get many compliments on our signature Cedar Plank Salmon, famous Halibut Tacos, full pound split Crab Legs and our Beer Battered Halibut; many consider our steaks, burgers and salads to be the best in the area. Offering nightly entertainment, The Bake is the biggest hub for nightlife in Denali. Open since 1984, The Bake has been celebrating life in Denali for 30 years.
Austin, Texas
“Great Halibut and Service”
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

I'm always reluctant to eat delicious fish fried as it is so easy to over cook. At the Bake, they do fried halibut right. Huge pieces stay tender and flakey inside a crisp beer batter. The tacos were pretty good, as was my son's burger but the fried halibut and chips was the star by far.

We also had great service. Our server noticed that our son wasn't eating his burger and promptly brought over a manager (even though we didn't ask) who replaced his burger with one with no sauce. I was going to just have him eat the one with sauce but they were super nice and he was happy.

• Korean first
Boise
“Good food, great service!”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Had an enjoyable dinner tonight. Food was prepared well and our server Russ was a delight and did an excellent job.

• Visited August 2014
Fraser, Colorado
“Fun Place - lots of character”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

This building looks like it's falling apart from the outside. It's very old and rustic. The floor inside is slanted and we were sure our beer would spill when we set it down. Luckily we didn't spill any of our beverages. I just ordered a burger and a Summer Alaskan Ale. My dinner was really good and I was happily content dining and looking around this unique place. My husband's Seafood Chowder in a bread bowl was delicious too. I would say you can't go wrong with this place. It's super rustic, unique and a fun place to dine. There is a bar upstairs too and next time that is where I would sit and order dinner. They even bring in live music some nights. Look for late night bar deals too- they had $1 sliders after 11pm. The next day was burger and a blonde for only $5. We stayed above the place at the Denali Crows Nest Cabins and they recommended this place to us. I met my Aunt in town and she was staying at the Princess lodge across the street and they were recommended this place too- that's how we ended up at the Denali Salmon Bake.

• Visited July 2014
Helena, Montana
“Better than we expected”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I was afraid this would be a tourist trap but the service and food were quite good! The restaurant looks kind of strange when you walk in because there are many levels but don't let that deter you.

Visited July 2014
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Know what to choose”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Vey good fish restaurant but don't chose the fried fish with the fries!
It is full of fat - all deep fried. The halibut was,very good though. The salmon should be great -order it as simple as possible.

Visited August 2014