“Very disappointing-overcooked burgers, fish fried in burned oil”

Denali Park Salmon Bake
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our landmark bar and grill's Alaskan menu has something for everyone. While we get many compliments on our signature Cedar Plank Salmon, famous Halibut Tacos, full pound split Crab Legs and our Beer Battered Halibut; many consider our steaks, burgers and salads to be the best in the area. Offering nightly entertainment, The Bake is the biggest hub for nightlife in Denali. Open since 1984, The Bake has been celebrating life in Denali for 30 years.
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We had eaten at the Salmon Bake in Seward and so were really looking forward to this meal. Very disappointing. The place was PACKED. It's a funky dive. As noted in my title, my bison burger, which I ordered medium, came VERY well done. My husband remarked that his fried fish sandwich tasted like it was fried in burned oil. Both of us had fries that were limp and greasy. Overall, not a good experience at all. At the table next to ours, a lady sent her steak back and was brought a new one. I couldn't quite hear what the deal was, but thought it was pertinent to my review.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,388)

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We ate here although we don't like salmon or fish and were hesitant at first to do so. The restaurant seemed a little hard to find the entrance to but we did. Inside it was comfortable (meaning non-fish smelling). We ordered normal, non-fish, dishes and enjoyed our meal. Our server was very attentive and friendly. I would suggest this as an alternative to the pizza places.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed out of town at the Mckinley Village Lodge and took the shuttle in to town....heard that this restaurant had good food for Alaskan prices.......we were a part of a tour and several of us had different items....salmon, halibut, ribs......the portions were large, mgr. visited our table...nice. IF we'd ever be back near Denali, we'd be back.....by all means walk towards the restrooms so you can walk on the tilted floors!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

It is hard to miss this place coming from the park as others have said. I was hesitant especially after seeing some of the reviews from the pioneer land park salmon bake. This place was great! The food was top rate and served quickly. Russ was our server and he was friendly and enthusiastic about the food. He made wonderful recommendations on the food and drink. He was knowledgeable regarding the menu and attentive. We received our food quickly, and it looked and tasted great! I would return.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

While working in Alaska I visited the Salmon Bake several times. It was homey, the food was great, servers efficient. There is a spot for everyone here and no one leaves without a great memory!