“Good food and service”

McKinley Creekside Cafe
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The food was good but overpriced as usual. The thing that bothered me was all the mosquitos in the restaurant. I could not be relaxed with all the mosquitos buzzing around me while I'm trying to eat. They need to invest in a bug zapper.

There are newer reviews for McKinley Creekside Cafe

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Great breakfasts, nice sack lunches and wonderful baked goods. Get their oatmeal raisin cookies- out of this world!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We were leaving Denali National Park and wanted a good meal before the long drive to Seward. We had eaten in the actual little Denali town for three days and were looking for something different. I am glad we stopped here. The food was delicious but what really stood out was the friendliness of the staff. We hadn't really encountered extremely friendly people at any service facility and it was a nice change. The waitress was happy, chatty and helpful. My salad was amazing and their brownie sundae is a must have. My only regret is not trying the dinner plate sized cinnamon bun.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

There aren't a lot of food options and sometimes you just want a break from the high prices for halibut. There pizza is good, but they actually have other items on their menu as well. They are very popular in the area so plan to call ahead or wait.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I ordered the chicken pot pie...it was actually more like corn chowder soup with pastry crust on top. The filling was very soupy and hardly any vegetables - mostly corn & mushrooms. It didn't even have any taste to it at all. My friend had the meatloaf dinner - it was very bland. What a big disappointment it was. It was not worth the trip there.