“Great food”
Review of The Overlook

The Overlook
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Overlook offers fine dining that is farm to table and port to plate with culinary mastery for the most discerning of palates. Remodeled and under new ownership, the only thing unchanged at The Overlook is the view of the Alaska Range.
Leola, Pennsylvania
“Great food”
Reviewed August 26, 2014

The atmosphere was wonderful and the food was really good. The menu is fairly limited and expensive.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank 6PATravelers
Della M, Public Relations Manager at The Overlook, responded to this review, September 6, 2014
Hello! Thank you for choosing The Overlook while visiting Denali. We are glad you enjoyed your evening with us and thank you for taking a moment to share that. We aim to bring the freshest of ingredients from local farms and ports and love to hear that our guests enjoy our food. Thank you for your patronage and for supporting local business.

Twinsburg, Ohio
“Over priced for what you get”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

I ate dinner there for my last night in Denali. Since, I was traveling alone my only option was to eat at the bar or outside. I was about to leave after they gave me those options. I didn't understand why I couldn't sit inside, it wasn't crowded. But, it was nice enough, a little chilly and they had heaters outside, so i agreed to sit outside. There was a group of men who were very loud and cursing a lot out there. Which did not make for a relaxing meal. The waiter Georgie was pushing the liquor. I only ordered one drink and he insisted on leaving the drink menu on my tiny table. It literally took up 1/3 of my table.
I ordered a salad and mushrooms. Both tastes good. Nothing special. I ordered desert, Baked Alaska. It was recommended, by Georgie. The dessert alone was $11. So, I thought it would be a good size. It was about the size of a base ball, and most was the Meringue. With dessert I ordered a mocha for $4.00. It came out in a little expresso cup, and was luke warm. I sent it back, it came back a little warmer. My bill came to $47.00. And I did not leave full or satisfied. The portions are small and way overpriced.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Lora H
Hello,
We regret to hear that your expectations were not met during your visit to The Overlook. We value all of our guests whether they are dining in groups or out for an evening on their own. Though walk-ins are always welcome, we strongly encourage reservations due to the size of our dining room and facilities. The night you speak of, we had a full reservation book including a large party and could only seat you at the bar or on our patio overlooking the Alaska Range. Our menu is comprised of the finest ingredients available in Denali and Alaska which is reflected in our pricing.

Our goal is your comfort and enjoyment.. We apologize that you did not have the 5 star experience that people rave about at The Overlook. We wish you safe and happy travels in the future.
Regards
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Food that effortlessly fits the beauty of the view”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

We came across The Overlook when looking for a place to hold a small event. My wife had just recently begun prerelease for her first novel, and we wanted to find a place to celebrate with friends. The Overlook was more than accommodating, and the food... Oh, the food was incredible. I had a wagyu burger topped with a fig compote and goat cheese, and my wife got the small plate mushrooms which are cooked in sherry and garnished with pine nuts. Absolutely incredible balance of flavors. The bartenders are wonderful as well. We got a bottle of wine, but some of our friends ordered drinks such as the Moscow Mule and raved about it, saying it was the best balance of the ingredients they had ever had.
In short, go to The Overlook at the Crow's Nest if you're in Denali and want something a little more refined than pizza and salmon (which I am not against, at all!).

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank OCUBroadwayboy
Della M, Public Relations Manager at The Overlook, responded to this review, August 24, 2014
Hello,
Thank you for taking a moment to write about your experience at The Overlook. We are glad we were able to assist with making your celebration a splash. We offer our congratulations to your wife and thank you for your patronage.
Ocean City, Md
“Forget the view, THE FOOD!!”
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

WOW, What a great surprise!
Everything we had was delicious and I would highly recommend. I was hoping for something a little bit better than down the hill but this place has 5 star food and reasonable prices.

4 Thank David S
Hello,
Thank you for joining us at The Overlook. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us and appreciate that you took a moment to write about us. Thank you for supporting local, independent business in Denali.
Pisa, Italy
“Alaskan cuisine with a twist! When in Denali, a must.”
Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

The setting is rustic, cabin-like, but the menu shows ambition and ideas. And surprisingly the staff is kind, attentive, and careful in comparison with other Alaskan restaurants. Try the oysters: juicy, tasty! We recommend also King salmon in an original mexican-alaskan interpretation and a surprising burger with figs and goat cheese. We did not expect all this in the middle of Alaska!! Wine choice wide and fairly priced. The check was not cheap, but considering food (but not location) fair.

1 Thank fgrabbits
Della M, Public Relations Manager at The Overlook, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you for your thoughtful review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your evening with us. The Oysters you mentioned are from Alaska and a favorite in-house. We appreciate that you took the time to review us and, as a new restaurant, find your feedback invaluable.
Thank you.