“Great Oasis”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mile 247 George Parks Highway
Reviewed July 28, 2009

We stayed nearby the grill and it was the closest thing going. At first we thought it would just be sandwiches and such. Boy, were we surprised. The food was delicious, gourmet even. The salads were yummy with creative touches. The food was presented nicely, good sauces, good quality. The wine list was also decent and the mark-ups not bad. The service was quaint, with a few people learning the ropes I suspect. Nevertheless, all pleasant and accommodating. We ate there every night for 3 nights. We heard about 229 Parks, but they were closed while we were in the area. While at Black Diamond, I tried to stick with Seafood, being Alaska and all, but I eventually tired of it and branched out to the gnocci chicken pesto dish. That was outstanding!! We didn't partake in dessert much, so no comment there. Appetizers were very good.

Reviewed June 11, 2009

My family had a very good dining experience last year in July. We had the grilled Alaskan salmon and seafood sampler entrees. Everything was cooked properly, and we enjoyed bread starter with balsamic vinegar while waiting on our food.

Reviewed December 28, 2008

We had dinner here in August 2008 because we were staying nearby at the Denali Lakeview Inn. It had beautiful views all around, and the food was not lacking either. We had beer battered fries, pasta, chicken, and great dessert. Service was pretty good too.

Reviewed August 21, 2008

We dined here in August of 2008. I had the prime rib, which was excellent. My husband had the house specialty, the ribs. Not good at all. I think the food was ok, as was the service overall.

Reviewed August 15, 2008

We dined at Black Diamond Grill in early June 2008. We were staying in Healy so it wasn't very way away for us. The food was very good, but not great. The ambiance was nice. At one point, everyone cleared out of the restaurant to see a couple baby moose walk by the back stairs near the mini golf course. It is certainly one of the better restaurants in the area, but if you're looking for an excellent, memorable meal, I'd highly recommend 229 Parks before BDG.