“Good food, friendly folks!”
Review of Black Diamond

Black Diamond
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mile 247 George Parks Highway
Reviewed June 9, 2012

The Black Diamond Grill was close to our rooms in Healy and convenient to Denali National Park. We received great service and there was a good variety to pick from on the menu. The food was tasty and the atmosphere was relaxed and a nice view out of the windows. A great place for dinner (we didn't have breakfast or lunch there so we can't comment on the menu choices for that).

Reviewed September 21, 2011

My partner and I stayed 3 nights at the Denali Park Hotel about a mile away. This restaurant was recommended to us as we didn't have a car and it was a pleasant walk away. We ate dinner there the first night and each had a salmon dinner while splitting a bottle of New Zealand Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc; a great value at $15. They even brought us an ice bucket on a stand to keep the wine cold. The meal was excellent. However, it was raining when we finished, so we took advantage of their free shuttle and got a ride back to the motel. We enjoyed the meal so much, we returned 2 nights later and ordered the same things; once again excellent. Yes the place is busy and a bit noisy and even a bit slow, but the service itself was attentive. Since we were on vacation we weren't in a rush anyway. I would recommend highly The Black Diamond Grill to all. As an aside, I understand the restaurant's shuttle will pick you up anywhere in the Denali area and return you after diner for free.

Reviewed September 1, 2011

We had an excellent meal in a pleasant environment. This is a preferred option for dinner in the Denali area if you want to dine well.

Reviewed June 11, 2011

Had a light meal 2 days ago and food was good, even though a little pricy.
Returned to be given the meal from hell. Salad and soup were OK as was the bread. The Alaskan Halibut at $30.00 was small and apart from the few green beans the rest of the stuff on the pate was deep fried and dripping in oil. While I was not expecting a great meal with the deep fried Alaskan Cod for $13.00 I was expecting some fish I could eat. Somehow they managed to get 3 to 4 times the weight of batter to stick to a thin sliver of fish and serve this on a hot dog roll a dash of cole slaw and some of the worst chips I have ever tried (I did not eat them).
When I put down $60.00 for the $48.50 meal, I had to ask for my change as the cheeky waitress assumed I would be too reserved to ask for the change and then she said “I thought it was a tip”. Needless to say, the experience was far from fine dining.
Tip: Go to the Salmon Bake for a good honest meal.

Reviewed January 25, 2011

On our last night at Denali, we decided to eat at the Black Diamond Grill. It was one of the best meals that we had while visiting Alaska last July! The grill is located near a golf course with the mountains in the background. The hostess and wait staff were all very attentive and cheerful. We had the special for the night which was shimp in pork stir-fried rice which was absolutely delicious. The salad was also excellent. Our only regret is that we didn't eat here every night while visiting Denali!

1  Thank Hulagirl74