“Fun but expensive”

Vancouver, WA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fun but expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

While my kids enjoyed their experience, I would rate it a moderate success. Our guide was good and accommodating. However, the buggy holds 5 people and they will pack it full unless you tell them not to. (When I complained I was told after the fact that I could have said something before we left.) Expect lots of mud, decent food, and nice scenery. The cost is high regardless if you book it through your cruise line or directly with them. In retrospect, I'm not sure it's worth the cost.

2 Thank TravelingForWork

Buckeye, Arizona
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Offers something for everyone!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife and I did the ATV tour and loved how they let us stop to pick blueberries and then took us out on Dry Creek. Our guide was a 3rd generation native and had great local knowledge and experiences to share. Also thought it was neat how they offered ATV tours, side by side tours and even covered wagon rides. But we all ended up in the same pace for the meal package and it was good food!

Clayton, Georgia
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Diverse terrain, good breakfast in a wilderness setting.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

We are atv users at home, so the route felt predictable to us, but for novices, this is a wonderful first time experience. It was good to be away from the masses of people in Denali and environs. We saw a moose along the trail. Beautiful day and diverse terrain. Good breakfast in a nice log building. Recommend for something different at Denali.

1 Thank Gbgood
Hampstead, Maryland
“Black Diamond ATV Tour/Covered Wagon Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

First my dad and I did the ATV tour in the beginning of the week out of the Holland America shore excursions. We had an amazing time. Our tour guide Laurynas was an amazing tour guide. He helped us out from the moment we got there. We were put in a garage to watch a safety video and sign some paperwork. Then we were off. He fitted us with the proper helmets, goggles, gloves, and outer clothes necessary. Then he made sure to teach us how to control our vehicles just like the video did. He answered our questions and got us all on our individual ATVs. We took a safety ride and went in and out of cones to make sure we had our handling and steering correct and that we knew how to go up and down hills and around things. We took a gracious tour through Denali National Park and Preserve. I saw amazing mountaintops, hills, and valleys. We drove over the dried up river and over the quartz. He had us stop at the bottom of the mountain and told us interesting information about it. You'll have to book this trip to hear these stories. Then we stopped at a medium sized cabin with clean portapotties, We had an amazing all you can eat feast of salmon, ribs, chicken, bison chili, and sides. We had a cobbler for dessert along with drinks. Then we got back on the ATV and rode around more trails and back to the resort. They cleaned the dirt off of us and we checked out our souvenir photos. You won't see much wildlife but you will see amazing views.

A couple of days later we came back as a family and took part in the Covered Wagon Tour. Again we had a great host and driver. We rode along the trails learning valuable history from Alaska and Denali. We had another amazing all you can eat feast for breakfast with everything you can think of. Basically come hungry and leave happy. We had eggs, pancakes, bacon, potatoes, reindeer sausage, sausage gravy/biscuits, etc. Trust me reindeer sausage is great it may sound weird but it's good and it's everywhere up here.

We had an amazing time on both tours. Our tour guides really knew their stuff. All of our guides were from different countries or cities working for the experience. Just remember to wear long sleeves and jeans and watch out for the millions of mosquitoes. By the way insect/mosquito repellent won't work up here. These skeeters will eat you either way. This was the case for 99% of the shore excursions we did.

Visited June 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“My husband didn't let me drive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

We took the side by side ATV tour and had a ball. The tour description for Holland America didn't say anything about a meal so we were surprised with an all you can eat rib, salmon, chicken, corn on the cob, cold slaw, corn muffin, macaroni salad, beans, and drink dinner. Don't expect to see any wildlife, but it was fun driving all over except my husband forgot to let me drive half the time. The food was good too.