“Good, affordable place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Denali National Park and Preserve
Denali Mountain Morning Hostel and Cabins
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good, affordable place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2005

I stayed in one of the cabins by the creek and it was very nice - cozy and clean with a comfortable bed. I had the chance to talk with people from all over the world in the lounge in the main building. I would have liked to be able to check in earlier (check-in is at 4pm) and I'll ask about that next time.

• Stayed August 2005
8 Thank Elizabethm42

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2005

I have been all over the world from New Zealand, to Rome, to Alaska, this hostel can not be matched. The comfort of the surroundings, the friendliness of the hosts, and the beauty of the location combined to create the most memorable vacation I've had. I cried when I had to leave after three weeks, enough said.

• Stayed June 2004
4 Thank zachary04051
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2005

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed at. Our friends who stayed at the pricier cabins down the road were jealous! We had a great time hanging out at the campfire, or in the main lodge on rainy evenings. We got to meet people from all over the world, and saw a spectacular northern lights show. Some folks in our group were dubious about staying in a hostel, but they all loved it and couldn't stop raving about it for the rest of our time in Alaska. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Stayed September 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2005

I've stayed in dozens of hostels and never had such a problem as I did with this one. I arrive and they accuse me of not showing up for the 5:30 shuttle even though the email I sent to them and the one they sent to me confirmed 9:30. The internet isn't working nor has it in a long time, nor will it in the foreseeable future, but they still put the claim 'High Speed Internet' on the front page of their website. The microwave isn't working. The front desk staff is rude to me right off the bat and later to those in my party, rolling their eyes, etc.

I wrote a letter to the 'owner' and what does she say? She accuses me of 'pounding my fists on their desk' (another false accusation) and says that she would've asked me to leave if she had been there.

Stay away...far, far away. Spend your money elsewhere with people who know how to treat their customers!

• Stayed August 2005
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Tbilisi, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2005

The Denali Mountian Morning Hostel lived up to its reputation as the best hostel in Alaska. We got a private room in the main house which was clean with a comforable bed. I would also recommend trying food across the street at the Perch restaurant which is pricey but well worth it.

• Stayed June 2005
#2 of 4 in Healy
McKinley Creekside Cabins
McKinley Creekside Cabins
#1 of 7 in McKinley Village

Been to Denali Mountain Morning Hostel and Cabins? Share your experiences!