“A great choice for our Denali adventure”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Denali National Park and Preserve
Denali Mountain Morning Hostel and Cabins
Reviewed November 9, 2012

My family of four: two adults and two older kids stayed in Denali Mountain Morning Hostel on our summer visit to Denali. We absolutely loved our experience here and would highly recommend it to anyone. Our cabin "Two Rocks" was very comfortable and clean. "Octagon" - the main dorm and kitchen/common room was right next door as were the showers/restrooms. The kitchen facilities are great: spacious, clean, and had everything that you would ever need to prepare yourself a meal. Showers were clean and tidy. The setting of the hostel is just lovely with the river right next door and very close to the park's entrance.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Gilliganthecat
Ali F, Manager at Denali Mountain Morning Hostel and Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Hello and thanks for the review! We are so happy to hear that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay. The Two Rocks Cabin is one of the best for our larger families- very spacious and as you mentioned, right next to our common area (the Octagon) and shower facilities. We also have another great cabin, the Coffee Grinder, that is suitable for larger families and is set facing our beautiful Carlo Creek. The inside of this cabin got a face lift this year, and if you and your family are able to return to Denali you will have to check it out! As always, we are continuing to work hard and update our property for your enjoyment! Thanks again for the review and we hope to see you in Denali down the road!

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I loved the layout of this hostel. All the little cabins everywhere the fire pit by the river. I stayed in the dorm in the main building. I found it to be clean & tidy. The shower was amazing, better than the one I have at home. The staff were very helpful & kind. Cause I was only there a couple of nights I didn't need much but all the facilities were there if needed. The location is a bit out of town but there is places to eat & drink across the road. They do have pick up & drop off in the park, the only thing I would have to say about that is pick is 5.30pm & 9.30pm a 7.30pm would be great as well.
Thank you guys so much for going out of your way to get me in touch with Takako that emailed you about me.
Would love to come back & stay again sometime.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
DMMH, Owner at Denali Mountain Morning Hostel and Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Hello Sarah and THANK YOU! I didn't get to meet you but was told what a great hosteler you were and I was happy to get you in touch with your friend. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay! We are going to reevaluate our shuttle schedule to see if we can make it better. Thanks for your input. Have great travels!

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Wow, what a place!!! We loved staying here. We had a gorgeous rustic, timber cabin amongst the trees right next to a stream (the Iceworm Cabin). We only had a bed, no toilet or bathroom, but the location made that easy to deal with!! The shared facilities were a 1min walk away, they were very clean and there was enough for everyone. The room itself was warm, spacious and pretty romantic. There was a BBQ area and firepit next to the water but sadly the weather was too wet to make use of that. The shared kitchen (the Octagon) was cosy and inviting and there was enough cutlery, plates, cups, oven space etc. for everyone. The staff were friendly and helpful and the free shuttle (6.35am, 8.20pm, 5.30pm, 9.30pm) was very useful for getting to and from the park. There were a couple of nice pub/pizza places/cafes just across the road offering very reasonably priced and generous meals if you don’t fancy cooking after a day in the park! Would love to stay here again one day!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
DMMH, Owner at Denali Mountain Morning Hostel and Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Hello! And thank you for your kind words and compliments. It is always great to hear that our hard work is appreciated. We are continuing to try to make the hostel the best and still keep our prices down. We have two more bathrooms going online next year along with another water heater for hot showers and new carpet for the Iceworms!
So I hope everyone keeps spreading the word so we can keep fixing things up! Thanks again, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in spite of the soggy weather this summer, which continues by the way. I'm sure this will make next summer a great time to visit! Have safe travels!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I traveled alone to Denali National Park for an end of summer in Alaska experience. I wanted to see wildlife, the "High One" at least once, and hike. Although, I considered camping, I passed. I wanted an authentic, rustic wilderness experience with easy access to all the things I wanted out of Denali, but I certainly didn't want to carry all the camping stuff nor take the touristy route with the huge resorts in town. I chose this hostel because of its location, free shuttles to the park, and that it had two restaurants near. I was very pleased by the accommodations, shuttles, pizza at Panorama Pizza across the street, and the staff (driver to reception to owners). I would definitely repeat.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank HeidiNS
DMMH, Owner at Denali Mountain Morning Hostel and Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you for your comments and thank you for staying with us. I'm happy to hear as always that we met the mark of providing a great place to stay for a reasonable price. And thanks to everyone! Have a great winter, great travels and stay in hostels, you'll be glad you did. Take Care!

Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Can not say enough about this hostel, the kitchen was the best I have ever seen, spotless, well equipped, 2 stoves,, sinks, refridgerators. The adjoining lcommon area was comfortable and clean, they ask you remove your shoes so even the floors are clean. There are little cabins surrounding this common lodge area with adjacent shared bathrooms and showers. We stayed in the Splatter rock cabin, it was heated, a real treat. The location was perfect particularly if you have a car as it is very close to the park. They offer a shuttle too.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Pelican22

Thank you for your kind words. It was a great year with a great staff who tried hard to make everyone's stay the best it could be. It's nice to know it's appreciated. Thanks again and have good travels!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Denali Mountain Morning Hostel / Lodge was an excellent choice for our trip! Our family of four stayed in the 'Two Rocks' cabin for one night - it was very cozy. We were concerned about it being too cold at night but the heater and warm bedding made for a relaxing sleep. The bathrooms and showers were clean. The shared kitchen was organize and well equipped. Buying groceries and making dinner and breakfast was simple and convenient (just label your food)! Oh, and they have free wifi! We had a rental car so driving up to the Park entrance to catch our shuttle bus the next morning worked out well. I would highly recommend staying at this lodge!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Ali F, Manager at Denali Mountain Morning Hostel and Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2012

Hi and thanks for your review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you and your family if you return to Alaska in the future! The Two Rocks Cabin is great for groups of 4-6, and we actually have another cabin called the Coffee Grinder that is set up the same and is right next to our creek- if you make it back up here, you should check it out! Thanks again!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed in the Highwater Cabin for two nights, and thought it was awesome. Our cabin was very small, only room for two people with luggage, but it was set right on the water so each night we fell asleep to the sound of rushing water.

The hostel is set into the woods, so it was leafy and autumnal while we were there - just gorgeous. The cabin was heated as well, which was a huge relief from the frigid outside temperatures at night, especially when it rained. The hostel has very clean bathrooms, and a great communal kitchen/lounge area with free wifi.

The staff were extremely helpful, and the shuttle service to the park was great in avoiding the need for your own transport. Across the road from the hostel is a pizza restaurant called Panorama Pizza Pub, which was great - the staff are great there too. The Perch restaurant was closed the whole time we were there with no indication of opening again soon.

Another great thing about the hostel is the space between each of the accommodations - we never really heard other guests except when we were outside mingling or heading into the park. It gives a sense of privacy and seclusion which was very welcome.

Overall, given the cost of other accommodations in Denali and surrounds, I would absolutely recommend this hostel to others travelling in the area. If going for a cabin, though, I might next time try a slightly bigger one as the Highwater was really quite tiny.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ses_australia

Hi and thank you for the review! We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. You're right about the Highwater Cabin being slightly smaller than our other private cabins- because it is our smallest private cabin, it is our cheapest one, too! We try to forewarn people of the smaller size on the accommodation description on our website, and even though it is simple and cozy, we do think it is a great option since it is right on the creek! The sound of the rushing water really can't be beat! Thanks again for your thorough description and advice for future guests, and I have to thank our wonderful staff as well for keeping the hostel so clean and for being so helpful and friendly to all of our guests!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Denali National Park and Preserve
Motel Nord Haven Aurora Denali Lodge
The Perch Resort
The Perch Resort
#5 of 6 in McKinley Village

Been to Denali Mountain Morning Hostel and Cabins? Share your experiences!