Denali Park Village
$179
McKinley Chalet Resort(McKinley Village)
$175
$169
  • Restaurant
Denali Bluffs Hotel(McKinley Village)
$279
Grande Denali Lodge(McKinley Village)
$329
The Perch Resort(McKinley Village)
$170
Orbitz.com
$199
Denali Backcountry Lodge(Denali National Park and Preserve)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewsnenana rivergold rush dining roomdenali parkroyal caribbean cruisecoffee barmckinley chaletstayed here for two nightsbus touron site restaurantfire pitraftingwildernessscenery
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I booked the river cabins for 3 nights prepaid July 15 through the 18th. They put me in the Cedars Lodge, first floor. This is not a lodge but very basic barricks, one of top of each other. The room is twin double beds, the interior is primitive. There is no view! Across from our room was the restaurant with a very loud noice coming from an attached structure. Out of the back window was an ugly propane tank, and a treatment plant that also was noisy. We complained to the manger about the noise and he told us it was just for an hour as many people were taking showers. That was not true as the noise never stopped!

Upon arriving at the property and noting the condition of the units I spoke with the manager and asked for my money back. HIs name is Prins. I even offered to pay for one night and just leave. I asked for a different room or cabin. He would not consider any options saying they were fully booked and he could not and would not make any changes, nor refund our money. He said things were beyond his control!

I spent one night there as it was late and the next day found another property to move to for one night as it was so bad. . We had to wear ear plugs and keep the windowns closed, despite it being hot due to the noise from the restaurant and the treatment plant nearby.

I heard others in the morning at the restaurent complaing they were cold at night in the river cabins as the heaters were not working. On the 3rd night we had to come back as everything else in town was fully booked. On this 3rd night the power went out, and in the morning we had no elect, showers or toilets. We just left. Prins the manager told us there as nothing he could do.

I have put a stop payment on my credit card for the one night I did not stay there and I am asking them in wriing to give me my money back for the night there was no power.

The property is owned by a Doyon , which is a Native Corporation in Fairbanks.

Stay here at your own risk!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BrianJ81
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I'm going to start by saying if you normally stay are 5 star resorts, this place is not for you. If, however, you stay in places as a HQ for sightseeing, this place does the job. Unfortunately, because of seasonality and remoteness, even budget places start at a higher price. This is probably one of the cheaper hotels in the area, as it is located away from the main strip where the shops are. But it perfectly fit our needs while on a Vegas/Alaska/Vancouver holiday. The cabins are quaint, and feel more private than a standard hotel. If you use this place as a pitstop between day tours, its an ok, average, budget hotel. I have read other reviews, and can say we did not experience issues with the heater, hot water or beg bugs. The negatives I found were that the free wifi is weak and useless from the cabin (ok out the front of reception), and the restaurant is a little over-priced.

Room Tip: I don't think the river-view cabins are worth the premium for all of 20 meters walk
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pilotsh
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Do not recommend. Find another place. We stayed at 2 other cabin locations near Denali which were much better. The pictures on the internet of cabins nestled against the river look far better than they actually are. Only a few cabins actually face on the river, and not very close to it. The rest of the cabins are bunched up behind the river cabins, one next to the other. And they are built on stilts. Whenever someone walks down the raised walkway among the cabins, your cabin literally bounces.

They are also very small. I'm used to staying in cabins and camping in tents, but this was very close quarters. The partial bathroom is tight with the sink outside the bathroom near the beds.

But the worst part was that we had no hot water and no heat. They had apparently run out of propane the day we checked in, but no hot water even the next morning. There was a baseboard heater that didn't work. And an oil heater in the wall with poor instructions. We went to the office to ask for help, but the office closed at 9:00 pm. A very chilly night.

Noisy, too. It's one thing that we had loud honking birds flying down to the river over our cabins in the morning. But the diesel buses used for bussing in tourists were parked near the cabins. When they started up early in the morning, they sounded like they were right outside our door.

The next morning I complained to the front desk and they moved us to a hotel room. Rooms were nice, but the electricity went out the next morning. There was no breakfast at the restaurant on site.

Very unpleasant stay. Couldn't wait to get out and move to cabins up in Healy.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jan D
Reviewed August 26, 2013

After staying in Grizzly Bear Cabin, this hotel sounded like the heaven to us. Great help from most of the staff from the front desk, restaurant to the shuttle service. Esp. Jack/Jake (?)Wonderful experience!

Room Tip: check the special, every room is great room and good value.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank twn303
VILOpsMgr, General Manager at Denali Park Village, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

It is good to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and the staff. Jake, our front office manager, is superb and the guests love him. (See a review on Aug. 19).

Thank you for the review and hopefully we will see you in Alaska again someday.

Kathy

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We were two couples who stayed for 3 nights in July. The cabin rooms are very small and there was no hot water for the entire time for showering. We would have left after the first night had we not prepaid,
The staff were very nice and friendly, the problem seems to be with upper management or lack there of. The restaurant food was good and early breakfasts were no problem. There looked to be much better places to stay around Denali.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple