Review Highlights
Denali Park Tundra Tour

My husband doesn’t like buses, but here is an exception. We boarded our school bus with redone... read more

Reviewed October 4, 2018
domingu20
Novato, California
via mobile
Bears, Caribou, Eagles and Vistas

What a great choice! We took the 8 hour tour which turns around at a great spot for a Denali view... read more

Reviewed September 13, 2018
Greg R
via mobile

All reviews stampede trail tundra tour great tour saw lots of wildlife bucket list the bus dall sheep hour tour mud blast fun alaska driver denali mt bears caribou
Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

Took the Tundra Wilderness Tour of Denali today. It was fantastic. Our tour guide , Scott (TWT 19) was extremely knowledgeable with all aspects of the area. He pointed out 15 Grizzly bears, along with Dall Sheep,Caribou, moose and several small animals. My best tour and tour guide on my trip to Alaska.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed July 9, 2018

Tour bus driver was very knowledgeable and great personality. Learned about wildlife in park and had limited success seeing wildlife. He did get us a fantastic view of Mt. Denali by end of day. Recommend the trip

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed May 28, 2018

Took the 53 mile school bus tour into Denali to mile 53. Wasn't sure how comfortable a school bus would be but I was presently surprised. It had soft comfortable seats and did not mind at all the 7+ hour drive. We saw Dall sheep, moose, grizzlies, hares, birds, bald eagles, and caribou. Plus it was a sunny day and we could see the top of Mount Denali in the distance. There are no guardrails so some places can be a little scary looking down the steep cliffs. Whenever someone on the bus spotted wildlife, Bill the driver would stop for pictures. He also had a video camera he could zoom in on the animal and we could see it on the screen monitors which were every few seats on the bus. Bill is very experienced on Denali and gave us much information along the way using his microphone. Bus stops about every 90 minutes for bathroom breaks. We thoroughly enjoyed this tour into Denali. The snow covered mountains were breathtaking in May. Started tour at 7am which got us back to McKinley chalet around 2:30pm. Thought this was better than leaving at 3pm and returning after 9pm. They give you box of healthy snacks and bottles of water.

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed November 8, 2017

I loved this experience last year best fun to be had. They were so nice to me and since I was alone the guide drove first then I took over, I had the best time that day sloshing through the mud and water on the stampede trail. they picked me up from a local gas station by van. Very convenient and worth the money.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed March 24, 2017

My husband and I went on this tour last September on a misty day the rain and the mud made it super fun. We were picked-up at our RV park and the driver and the guide were both very friendly.I highly recommend this tour for anyone.

Date of experience: September 2016