Review Highlights
Denali Park Tundra Tour

My husband doesn’t like buses, but here is an exception. We boarded our school bus with redone... read more

Reviewed October 4, 2018
domingu20
Novato, California
via mobile
Bears, Caribou, Eagles and Vistas

What a great choice! We took the 8 hour tour which turns around at a great spot for a Denali view... read more

Reviewed September 13, 2018

from $95.00
from $145.00
from $137.50
More Info
All reviews stampede trail tundra tour great tour saw lots of wildlife bucket list the bus dall sheep hour tour mud blast fun alaska driver denali mt bears caribou
Reviewed February 14, 2017

My 2 friends and I had the pleasure of taking a 6 wheel drive Argo tour this past summer. The tour and company itself (Denali Tundra Tours) is located on the Stampede Trail just off the main highway in scenic Healy, AK.

You don't drive to Denali Tundra Tours yourself though... You take a shuttle. Our driver Andrea picked us up in the resort town of Denali Park. Healy is the next town over. She was super friendly and hospitable!

The Stampede Trail is a long, windy path that couples immense beauty with challenging terrain. I had never ridden, let alone driven, in an all-terrain vehicle so I didn't know what to expect. But our guides, Alaska local Bo and veteran adventure seeker John, taught us how to drive the semi-amphibious Argo's safely in a matter of minutes.

I never had so much fun going 15 miles per hour! I also got to take a Kawasaki 4x4 for a spin... boy does that thing rip.

One tip: Do mind the rocks :)

Thanks a lot!

Matt (the reviewer) + Stefan and Dario

Date of experience: August 2016
1  Thank Matt R
Reviewed January 5, 2017

We misunderstood what time to be there, and were extremely early.But it never fazed the crew,they brought up two more argo's and away we went on an earlier outing.the guides were very informative and knew their terrain and habitat and shared it with us.Very pleasant and hard working bunch.Got to see parts of Denali most do not

Date of experience: June 2016
1  Thank robert k
Reviewed October 23, 2016

Had a great time on our ARGO ATV Denali Tundra Tour. Our guide Bo and the staff did an excellent job.

Date of experience: September 2016
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank Palma D
Reviewed October 5, 2016

Recently I was tasked to take my elderly mother & aunts (aged 67 to 74) to Alaska. While searching things to see and do, I came across Denali Tundra Tours. The website was loaded with all the information I needed.
I thought, this would be an excellent few hours break for me from the oldies. I immediately booked myself on the tour. Over the next few months, Mrs 74 wanted to be added. The night before, the other 2 wanted to tag along too. Obviously, I was not going to be able to escape them here.
It was raining on the day, actually pouring. I thought our day might be postponed or cancelled. No, we were picked up from our hotel on time, in a clean van by a lovely young lady who pointed out the sights on the drive to Healy.
On arrival, we used the bathroom (clean), filled in liability paperwork; we were given a brief on our outing and how to drive the ATV's (we had never done such a thing before).
From the moment we began to drive it rained heavily. We were dressed for the occasion and had so much fun. We drove down the heavily flooded trail, stopped for a walk on the tundra and ate blueberries & cranberries; we admired the beauty of the land that was the real Alaska.
Once finished, we headed back to the wilderness pavilion to warm up with a nice hot cup of tea or chocolate and laughed about our day.
This was an unforgettable experience for us all. Thank you to the whole team at Denali Tundra Tours for your professionalism, patience and hospitality. I will be back and I am sure the oldies might try to get back for the picnic tour.

Date of experience: September 2016
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
2  Thank B4903SBtraceyc
Reviewed September 22, 2016

We took this tour on a rainy chilly day--the tour was good and we saw some wildlife....driver/guide took videos and showed on screens in bus. Can't do anything about the poor weather, but wish it had been a sunny day for better views and photos.

Date of experience: July 2016