Review Highlights

Bears, Caribou, Eagles and Vistas

Reviewed September 13, 2018
Greg R
via mobile

All reviews stampede trail tundra tour great tour saw lots of wildlife the bus dall sheep hour tour mud blast fun alaska denali driver mt bears caribou van
Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

My husband doesn’t like buses, but here is an exception. We boarded our school bus with redone seats and started off on paved park road. The only way into the park is on park buses which keeps the park free from human interference. We learned the history of the park and all passengers watched for wildlife. Some of the gravel/dirt road is narrow with drop offs so good driver is familiar with road. We spotted 14 grizzlies, 3 mountain shhep, several caribou and a moose. The driver had a camera tied to screens in bus so those of us without telephoto lens could enjoy. It was top of my bucket list for Alaska and I was not disappointed.

Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

What a great choice! We took the 8 hour tour which turns around at a great spot for a Denali view. It was obscured our day (which is normal), but it would have been stunning!

Prepare to see more landscape than wildlife, but you won't be disappointed. It's spectacular.

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

Road about 60 miles into denali national park. We road on a old school like bus. But it was fine. It was the only ones allowed beyond the 15 miles public entrance. Our guide was local and a caring person for her parks preservation. She was knowledable and safe. (Jen). Saw one baby moose several grizzlies. Several karabous. Other misc wildlife. Also had great view of mt mckinley. Highly recommended

Reviewed August 16, 2018

The bus was more comfortable than I can recall 10 years ago. The best feature was the bus was equipped with a high powered zoom camera which would be on the overhead displays found throughout the bus. Mary Jane was sooooo knowledgeable. She has lived in the Denali area for 12+ years. Her love for the area was very apparent throughout our time with her! This was not just a job but her love!!! We saw lots of wildlife on this tour and the best things was Mt Denali was in full view the whole day!!!

Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

Took the Tundra Wilderness Tour of Denali today. It was fantastic. Our tour guide , Scott (TWT 19) was extremely knowledgeable with all aspects of the area. He pointed out 15 Grizzly bears, along with Dall Sheep,Caribou, moose and several small animals. My best tour and tour guide on my trip to Alaska.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

Tour bus driver was very knowledgeable and great personality. Learned about wildlife in park and had limited success seeing wildlife. He did get us a fantastic view of Mt. Denali by end of day. Recommend the trip

Reviewed May 28, 2018

Took the 53 mile school bus tour into Denali to mile 53. Wasn't sure how comfortable a school bus would be but I was presently surprised. It had soft comfortable seats and did not mind at all the 7+ hour drive. We saw Dall sheep, moose, grizzlies, hares, birds, bald eagles, and caribou. Plus it was a sunny day and we could see the top of Mount Denali in the distance. There are no guardrails so some places can be a little scary looking down the steep cliffs. Whenever someone on the bus spotted wildlife, Bill the driver would stop for pictures. He also had a video camera he could zoom in on the animal and we could see it on the screen monitors which were every few seats on the bus. Bill is very experienced on Denali and gave us much information along the way using his microphone. Bus stops about every 90 minutes for bathroom breaks. We thoroughly enjoyed this tour into Denali. The snow covered mountains were breathtaking in May. Started tour at 7am which got us back to McKinley chalet around 2:30pm. Thought this was better than leaving at 3pm and returning after 9pm. They give you box of healthy snacks and bottles of water.

Reviewed November 8, 2017

I loved this experience last year best fun to be had. They were so nice to me and since I was alone the guide drove first then I took over, I had the best time that day sloshing through the mud and water on the stampede trail. they picked me up from a local gas station by van. Very convenient and worth the money.

Reviewed March 24, 2017

My husband and I went on this tour last September on a misty day the rain and the mud made it super fun. We were picked-up at our RV park and the driver and the guide were both very friendly.I highly recommend this tour for anyone.

2  Thank Melissa O
Reviewed February 14, 2017

My 2 friends and I had the pleasure of taking a 6 wheel drive Argo tour this past summer. The tour and company itself (Denali Tundra Tours) is located on the Stampede Trail just off the main highway in scenic Healy, AK.

You don't drive to Denali Tundra Tours yourself though... You take a shuttle. Our driver Andrea picked us up in the resort town of Denali Park. Healy is the next town over. She was super friendly and hospitable!

The Stampede Trail is a long, windy path that couples immense beauty with challenging terrain. I had never ridden, let alone driven, in an all-terrain vehicle so I didn't know what to expect. But our guides, Alaska local Bo and veteran adventure seeker John, taught us how to drive the semi-amphibious Argo's safely in a matter of minutes.

I never had so much fun going 15 miles per hour! I also got to take a Kawasaki 4x4 for a spin... boy does that thing rip.

One tip: Do mind the rocks :)

Thanks a lot!