“AWESOME”
Review of Denali Air

Denali Air
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Great flight and pilot! An awesome experience. Truly amazing scenery.
The flight was as smooth as our flight out to Alaska.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We booked at the last minute making sure the weather was decent. The one hour trip to Denali and back was breath taking. Take the trip!

1  Thank FlyLikeAnEagle_57
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

We had an awesome time today on our flight. Great views of the park, Wickersham and Denali. Our pilot, Bob, was wonderful, very knowledgable and navigated around the windy areas very well. We had two young children with us, and they did well and enjoyed the sights, and the extra bit of excitement from the wind. From our driver, to the office staff, to the pilot, it was an awesome experience for all of us.

2  Thank JKJSW
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is a once in a lifetime experience, and Denali Air is the way to go. Helpful, friendly staff and pilots, and absolutely breathtaking views.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

$800 stomach pumping, courtesy Denali Air. Our 65-minute flight on Denali Air was supposed to be the highlight of our trip, but we became so motion sick it ruined the whole day.

My husband started vomiting within minutes of takeoff, filling the cabin with the stench of vomit for everyone else. He just puked and puked. I felt AWFUL. There was nothing I could do to help him. I sobbed. I wanted to die. I'm pretty sure he was halfway dead himself.

I'm a roller coaster fanatic. I've never been motion sick in my entire life, but about 40 minutes into the flight I started to feel... nauseated? What? Me? Well, between the planet that never stopped dipping and climbing, and the atrocious stench of my husband's puke filling the cabin, I suppose it made sense.

The last thing I managed to do was cram my camera and phone into the seat pocket in front of me before a torrent of vomit exploded from my own mouth. For the last 20 minutes of the flight, my husband and I puked in unison. On the bright side, at least we landed!

So, getting insanely air sick could have happened on anyone's flight. What happened NEXT was entirely up to Denali Air - no refunds, no sympathy, just encouragement to "fly again" some day!

Uh, no. Denali Air sucks.

I'm glad other reviewers had such a great time, but we didn't see anything except yellow vomit in the grocery bags over our laps. The lack of any refund from Denali Air, partial or otherwise, was just insult to injury. I feel bad for the other passengers who had to smell our barf for an hour, but at least the plane was loud enough to drown out our screams and groans.

Our afternoon was spent in Glitter Gulch re-learning how to walk without heaving, and we both had scratchy throats and sore chests for days afterwards.

PS: The soda machine at the air strip doesn't work and they don't refund the money you put into it, so don't expect your dollar back or anything to wash the vomit out of your throat.

3  Thank MJ G