“High point of Denali”
Review of Park Road

Park Road
More attraction details
Owner description: Scenic 90-mile roadway that winds through Alaska's Denali National Park.
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We took the visitor bus some 62 miles into the Park. This is the only way you can pass the 14 mile mark. Fantastic day spotting moose, caribou, Dall's sheep, grizzlies, red fox, lynx and more. Fantastic day with wonderful views. This is a "must" if you are in the area.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

From the highway, I took my rental minivan all the way to the end of the public road and the start of limited access. The road was in good condition with no potholes or debris. Saw a moose just off the road on a bike/walk trail.

Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

I visited this park on my last birthday and I need to say it was my very best birthday ever! We went in a 12 hour bus ride the longest of the options offered. Our bus driver was amazing, she was super informative and respectful towards nature. We saw plenty of bears one really close to us. And one point we got stuck on the bus becouse the bears were too close:-). We also saw a wolf, caribou and much more. It was amazing, really. Every minutes of the half day was enjoyable, I feel I could do it every day.

I have been in many national parks around the globe but one thing is sure: in the States they know what a national park is and how it should work...

1  Thank beavisnail
Reviewed June 7, 2013

The park road is open to individual cars for the first 15 miles. After that you have to be on a park shuttle ($) or bus tour ($$). The park shuttle was perfect! The shuttle driver does not have to give a tour. They just have to answer questions, stop if you see an animal, and pick up/drop off people along the way. Our guide was great! Tim gave a great running monologue about the park, its history, and the animals. Wonderful! If you want to get back in time to see the dog sled demonstration and still go to Eielsen, then catch the 7am bus. However, if you plan to hike, check out the dog sled demo another day. We got lucky and saw Mt. McKinley out in its glory. We saw bears, dall sheep, caribou, all up close.

1  Thank mjbbowls
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Even though you can only drive in 15 miles in your own car, there is so much to see in that drive. And there are many tours available to allow even more access to and enjoyment of this national treasure.

1  Thank MountainMom7