“It's ok...”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 15, 2012

King Salmon is the "fine dining" restaurant at Princess Lodge. However, we were not impressed with the food nor the service. The food was overly done with butter. One of us ordered salmon and specifically asked for the salmon to be cooked well done but it still turned out to be medium cooked. You shouldn't have to return the food to the kitchen in a fine dining restaurant. No apologies and nothing else done except to throw the same fish back on the pan. Fine dining? I don't think so.

1  Thank Jag1988

Reviewed September 13, 2012

There were 12 of us and the folks at King Salmon seated us without a problem and we were taken care of right away. The food was excellent and everyone said they would return if they were in that area again.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Sea salt salmon- best dish ever! Waitstaff was outstanding. THis is a must do! Right in the center of the property

Reviewed September 3, 2012

This looked the part and has a lovely interior and atmosphere. The service was simply awful with the waiter clueless and my starter cold on arrival. I took a bite and it was too cold to eat so I left the remains and reported this to the waiter. A while later the starter came back, with only two crab cakes instead of three. I brought this to their attention only to be told that only the uneaten crab cakes were brought back. Seeing as I had not swallowed any of the third and it was stone cold I insisted on the correct starter. Back they went and it was obvious that the same cakes were being reheated as it was as dry as they come.
An average meal followed and I asked for the starter to be removed from the bill. It was.

There is a captive audience here with almost nowhere else to go of this supposed calibre, thus nobody seems to care. Needs more competition. Avoid

1  Thank HabLeaf
Reviewed August 30, 2012

This is probably the best breakfast I had in Alaska. It is not a buffet. So, this is not the place if you want large quantity for a good price. They have real oatmeal. The salmon and poached eggs are great. We didn't eat there for dinner, but the menu looks nice at a bit steeper price. Most things are done well by the Princess folks.