“Awful service”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This looked the part and has a lovely interior and atmosphere. The service was simply awful with the waiter clueless and my starter cold on arrival. I took a bite and it was too cold to eat so I left the remains and reported this to the waiter. A while later the starter came back, with only two crab cakes instead of three. I brought this to their attention only to be told that only the uneaten crab cakes were brought back. Seeing as I had not swallowed any of the third and it was stone cold I insisted on the correct starter. Back they went and it was obvious that the same cakes were being reheated as it was as dry as they come.
An average meal followed and I asked for the starter to be removed from the bill. It was.

There is a captive audience here with almost nowhere else to go of this supposed calibre, thus nobody seems to care. Needs more competition. Avoid

1  Thank HabLeaf

Reviewed August 30, 2012

This is probably the best breakfast I had in Alaska. It is not a buffet. So, this is not the place if you want large quantity for a good price. They have real oatmeal. The salmon and poached eggs are great. We didn't eat there for dinner, but the menu looks nice at a bit steeper price. Most things are done well by the Princess folks.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Gorgeous room, beautiful view, but the food is just OK. Breakfast is pretty good, lunch and dinner were disappointing, especially for the price.

1  Thank jellypop12
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We ate here twice as we stayed at the lodge. Dinner on the beautiful deck was lovely. Service was somewhat slow, but we were happy to be there. We really enjoyed the giant seafood nacho plate. Went for Breakfast, and enjoyed a wonderful meal and view.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

When we planned our family trip to Alaska, my folks first thought was to take everyone to the King Salmon restaurant that they enjoyed so wholeheartedly on their first trip in 2009. They promised it would not disappoint and we would love it... they were so right! King Salmon is a huge restaurant with plenty of seating and there really isn't a bad view in the whole place! The food is spectacular and the service great. My husband requires a gluten free diet so we called ahead to see about accommodations for him. After speaking with a very knowledgeable person on the other end of the phone, we made our reservation and hit the road! They were so helpful with his options and again I saw... the food was superb! I ate the best salmon (sockeye) I've ever had!

If you have time, there are some neat shops around the restaurant area that are worth browsing.