Open today: 7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Stampede Excursions tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Stampede Excursions
from $69.00
from $199.00
from $99.00
from $89.00
More Info
All reviews unique experience starting point take pictures brad jordan pinzgauer blueberry vehicle plane expedition tundra history flightseeing pilot knowledge narrative ride
Selected filters
Reviewed August 24, 2018

Great views of Denali as we flew all the way around it. I was amazed by the up close look at all the glaciers, ice falls and snow covered ruggedness of the huge mountain. It wasn't a cloudless day, the very top of the peaks were partially covered but I was still satisfied by all that we saw. Brad is a great pilot and his commentary was very interesting.The cost for me was significant, I don't usually splurge like this, but it was totally worth it!! All my photos came out so clear even though it felt a little bumpy. It was a great experience. So glad I did it. And I got the front seat!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
TravisCJones, Guest Relations Manager at Stampede Excursions, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2018

Greetings!

It's very rare for us to take a flight up on a bad day and we are glad your trip was no exception! The Denali Expedition by Air, as you mention, while the most affordable flight tour in Denali, is still not inexpensive and we strive to make sure each and every one exceeds your wildest expectations. Denali and the views it provides make that easy! We will pass your kind words on to Brad. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed August 22, 2018

It was a beautiful sunny day so 3 of us went for an 1 1/2 hour tour around Mount Denali! Brad was very accommodating. We had a friend who was in an electric wheelchair and we were able to transfer him in the plane. Brad was willing to help as much as he could. I would do this again in a heartbeat!

Greetings!

Thank you very much for the great review. We are glad you enjoyed the tour and will pass your kind words on to Brad.

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

We just did that tour yesterday me and my wife, what a great idea we had! We were Lucky and the weather was perfect but despite of that! All the Stampede Aviation team are just amazingly professionnal and kind! We highly recommend this tour!

Date of experience: August 2018
Jordan H, Owner at Stampede Excursions, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2018

Hello! Thank you for sharing your experience. We love sharing Alaska and Denali National Park with our guests and it was a pleasure having you aboard! From all of us at Stampede, we hope you have and amazing time in Alaska!

Reviewed August 11, 2018

Not much of a tour not very much to see no wildlife. Guides are nice and the narrative is good but really not much to see

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Hi John, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. It's great to hear you found our guides and narrative as great! Unfortunately, with the animals in the area being wild and that Alaska is a pretty fence free state with wide open spaces, animals can sometimes be elusive. I apologize that on your tour you were unable to catch a glimpse the critters. Alaska has some pretty dynamic weather and we often get lucky with views of Mount Denali. Again, I apologize the weather did not allow for this view on your trip. Hopefully you had fun out at our Tundra Pavilion hiking on the tundra and experiencing the scenic beauty of the foothills of the Alaska Ranges and 8 Mile Lake. Our tour is not for everyone but we pride ourselves on a friendly, well-informed, team to take you on an adventure through the wild Alaskan Bush. We hope you had a wonderful time on your trip to Alaska!

Reviewed July 30, 2018

Knowledgeable guide, very cool ride - lots of historical and ecological information.
The treats at the end were awesome as well.

Date of experience: July 2018