“Great Views, Great Food”

Nenana View Bar & Grille
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Miami, Florida
“Great Views, Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

We were staying at the McKinley Chalet Resort as part of a Cruise/Land Tour with Holland America. The first night we ate in this restaurant. I ordered Salmon on a McKinley Salad and it was good but I felt the salmon was slightly overcooked for my taste. In the days ahead, I sat at the bar with my husband and friends and enjoyed the experience. The bartender was friendly and although they were out of the wine I wanted (was told it was the end of the season and so they were out of a lot of wines ), I ordered my favorite cocktail and was not disappointed. After a day on the Tundra Wilderness tour, a group of us sat in the bar area and ordered Pizzas. They were cooked perfectly. Mine was a Margarita with a thin crispy crust and plenty of tomatoes ,mozzarella and basil. I ate the whole thing by myself. Everyone at the table raved about their individual pizza as well. After our flight with Denali Air the next day, my husband and I went back to have lunch. We both ordered the Kobe burgers. It was the best burger I ever ate. It was cooked rare as we like it and it was juicy and flavorful. The fries were hot and crispy. We preferred our meals in the casual bar area instead of the dining room. The "bar food" was more to our liking.

2 Thank suedallas

United States
“Nice restaurant in a very remote place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

We dined at the Nenana View Bar & Grille restaurant the last evening they were open this season. Although they were out of a few items the food was better than we expected and the service exceptional. A bit pricey - but then again given the location it should be expected. Also nice selection of beers.

Indianapolis
“Quality does not reach level of pricing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Went there for dinner after a day on the McKinnly Explorer. Food gave us sticker shock but the prices in Denali are always high. The prices would have been ok if the food had been top drawer. Unfortunately, the food was ho-hum. Appleby's level. Not a bad thing at Appleby's prices, terrible at Ruth's Chris prices. Server was good. View was great.

Herts England
“Friendly staff, good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

We ate here twice, both of our servers were friendly and efficient. The pizzas were very good, so were the salads. We were staying at the McKinley chalet resort and were not particularly impressed with the other on-site restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
Austin, Texas
“Excellent food, good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

We normally don't eat in hotel restaurants, but this is an exception. Venison Osso Bucco for one, and Halibut for the other were both outstanding . Service was very good. If you are looking for a nice restaurant among lots of fast food places, this should be your choice. The house salads were outstanding.

• Visited August 2013