“Cold Beer”

The Corkscrew Saloon
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
South Haven, Michigan, United States
“Cold Beer”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

Good selection of cold beers, including many on tap. Good room to get out of the heat. Friendly staff.

Visited September 2012

Wickenburg, Arizona
“Between a rock and a hard place”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

We'd had dinner the night before at the Wrangler Steakhouse next door - where the food was quite good but very expensive for what you got. So we had a drink and a snack at the bar - well, my husband had a snack and I abstained since it's your run-of-the-mill greasy, fat food which I stay away from when I can. Walt loved his beer, but said the hotdog was crummy, the fries soggy. Boy was I glad I hadn't ordered any food. The atmosphere in the bar is not very conducive to conversation either - it's really loud, service was s,low and ab it lack-lstre. We loved Furnace Creek Ranch very much and will be back - but I guess next time we'll try the 49s and bring somne snacks along.

• Visited May 2012
Pottstown,PA
“Worst service, awful food!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

I say get gas and eat in Pahrump or grab some food and drinks there and take it with you before heading to Death Valley !!!

SERVICE: BOOOOOO!

We came in the restaurant, nobody attended to us . We had to clear the tables ourselves and handed the dishes to the bar tender. It took a while for a server- (a guy)- to come to our table and it also took a looong time before we got our orders. Then after the long wait for our food, an order of my one son was not put in!!

QUALITY of FOOD: Thumbs down:P

Stayed overnight at Furnace Creek Ranch ( which is great by the way). Unfortunately there are no other restaurants close by to run to. Next town is an hour drive away from them. Furnace Creek ranch has I guess 2 other restaurants but it's a matter of choosing between the "devil and the deep blue sea" kindda thing.

My son ordered hotdog ($8.00!!!) and my other son ordered pizza ( very oily) my husband and I ordered the ( slow cooked) bbq beef brisket. Since it says that it was slow cooked we expected the meat to be tender and falling apart- we got the meat sliced thick and was tough, with lots of fats. For side,choice of coleslaw, chips, fries. My husband had Coleslaw which was ok, I chose chips. MY! I couldn't even take a bite of the sweet potato chips!!! It seems like it was cooked 4 days ago! We even tried the other chips thinking maybe I just got one bad chip. So even my boys tried it and it was all the same!I looked around and saw that people didn't touch their chips too!

Funny I saw a guy coming out of the restaurant with a box of pizza.Pizza box says: the BEST pizza in town! Of course they can claim they're the best, the next place to get a pizza is an hour drive away from them!!!

Warning! GRATUITY INCLUDED! We were told that since they have a lot of European guests who are not used to giving tips, management decided to include tips right away in the bill. If you're not happy with the service, grab a manager and request that tip be removed and say that you'll give the appropriate amount that the server deserves to get.

We ate our food but didn't finish it. We ate it just so we have something in our stomachs.

We do not mind if the prices are high. We do understand that they are in a remote area, thus they charge higher. People who eat in their restaurant deserve good food and, great service with the amount that they charge in their restaurant.

It's like highway robbery in a remote area!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank MIMAY1
Denver
“Not bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

Chili was good, wine was expensive, service was okay.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Rick A
Venlo, The Netherlands
“have a beer when it's hot out there!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

Don't feel like hanging on your porch tonight? Take a stroll down the Corkscrew and enjoy a drink...

Visited September 2011