The Furnace Creek Inn is a quaint (i.e. charming, outwardly attractive, but lacking somewhat in creature comforts) resort in a fabulous location in Death Valley. Service is very good - but it comes at a price, partly driven by it's local monopoly and partly by the cost of supplying such a remote location. Food is particularly expensive, although there are alternatives at the "Ranch" 1-mile up the road (still expensive).
Location is fantastic for Death Valley sights, which are definitely worth the trip. And a spectacular run (although it's there and back) down the Badwater road, which has little traffic (especially early in the morning when it's cool).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Furnace Creek Resort, situated in a lush oasis surrounded by the vast and arid desert of Death Valley National Park, California is just 120 miles northwest of Las Vegas, Nevada and 275 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. This property hosts two hotels - the historic, 4-diamond, 66 room Inn at Furnace Creek and the more family oriented 224 room Ranch at Furnace Creek. The Inn at Furnace Creek offers guests elegant accommodations in the heart of Death Valley. This 4-diamond resort has operated for more than 86 years, and still pampers every guest. The Ranch at Furnace Creek has been welcoming guests since 1933 and offers a casual, family-like setting - the perfect complement to the classic elegance of the Inn at Furnace Creek. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Furnace Creek Inn and Ranch Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Furnace Creek Inn And Ranch Hotel Death Valley National Park
- Furnace Creek Resort
- Furnace Creek Hotel
- Furnace Creek Ranch
- Furnace Creek Inn Death Valley