We booked a deluxe room with two queen beds at Furnace Creek Ranch for three days over New Year's weekend. Arrived at our room and discovered that our "private" patio was actually a shared patio with the room next door and our side only had one chair. Returned to registration to ask that our room be changed to one of the units with a private patio with two chairs and the desk clerks were completely unaware that some of the deluxe rooms had shared patios. After checking with the housekeeping staff to find a clean room with a private patio, the desk clerk was able to switch our room
The deluxe rooms are all located in two one-story buildings closest to the restaurants with a view across a large lawn in the direction of the swimming pool and recreation area. The deluxe rooms are typical motel style rooms that appear to be the same size as the standard rooms, but they have been recently renovated with marble and ceramic tile bathrooms and newer furnishings. The room also has a small refrigerator, desk, dresser and side chair.
Returned to our room at 4pm on the first day after being out in the park all day to find our room had not been cleaned yet. Found the maid and asked about our room not being cleaned. She did come fairly quickly and cleaned the room while we sat on the patio, but after she left we discovered the bathroom had not been cleaned. I know this is not the Four Seasons but did expect that when the room was cleaned the towels would be straightened up, the counter would wiped off and the bath mat picked up. Hopefully we'll have better service the rest of our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Furnace Creek Resort, situated in a lush oasis surrounded by the vast and arid desert of Death Valley National Park, California is just 120 miles northwest of Las Vegas, Nevada and 275 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. This property hosts two hotels - the historic, 4-diamond, 66 room Inn at Furnace Creek and the more family oriented 224 room Ranch at Furnace Creek. The Inn at Furnace Creek offers guests elegant accommodations in the heart of Death Valley. This 4-diamond resort has operated for more than 86 years, and still pampers every guest. The Ranch at Furnace Creek has been welcoming guests since 1933 and offers a casual, family-like setting - the perfect complement to the classic elegance of the Inn at Furnace Creek. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and Hotel.de so you can book your Furnace Creek Inn and Ranch Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Furnace Creek Inn And Ranch Hotel Death Valley National Park
- Furnace Creek Resort
- Furnace Creek Hotel
- Furnace Creek Ranch
- Furnace Creek Inn Death Valley