We chose to take a room at the Ranch rather than the Inn as it was immensely more affordable. After we had checked in, driving back to building 9 we could hear a loud group of young adults whooping it up in the common area between buildings and the pool. We looked at each other and wondered how bad was this going to be.
But it was no big deal in the end. Our room faced the opposite way from that busy common area, and the sounds did not travel to our balcony as we enjoyed the setting sun on our little porch area. The room was clean, well-lit, and comfortable. Small refrigerator was useful. The room was very quiet overall - even in the morning when one usually hears others turning on showers, we were not bothered by any noise.
The pool is terrific! We thought that 85F warm-spring water sounded hot when we checked in, but the following afternoon when we used the pool, we had to admit it was just perfect. The pool did not get crowded with young people until pretty late in the afternoon when we were ready to go back out to see other things in the desert.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Furnace Creek Resort, situated in a lush oasis surrounded by the vast and arid desert of Death Valley National Park, California is just 120 miles northwest of Las Vegas, Nevada and 275 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. This property hosts two hotels - the historic, 4-diamond, 66 room Inn at Furnace Creek and the more family oriented 224 room Ranch at Furnace Creek. The Inn at Furnace Creek offers guests elegant accommodations in the heart of Death Valley. This 4-diamond resort has operated for more than 86 years, and still pampers every guest. The Ranch at Furnace Creek has been welcoming guests since 1933 and offers a casual, family-like setting - the perfect complement to the classic elegance of the Inn at Furnace Creek. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Otel and getaroom.com so you can book your Furnace Creek Inn and Ranch Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Furnace Creek Inn And Ranch Hotel Death Valley National Park
- Furnace Creek Resort
- Furnace Creek Hotel
- Furnace Creek Ranch
- Furnace Creek Inn Death Valley