This ranch is located in Furnace Creek, hottest spot on the planet. It is a good size and we stayed in cabins, had a great nights sleep and prices reasonable. They had 2-3 spots to eat at, good pool, museum on hand and a good store to buy food/supplies.
The 49 er restaurant offers good food and prices are fair. I saw that on the bill they automatically allowed 15% tip, was sort of surprised that was the customer perogative. I gave them 20% but found it unusual that they did that. Service was good, great for families, the low season is summer but the place was full of people from Europe. There are only a few options in the area, you can try Furnace Creek Inn, last year when I was there they had a code that you had to wear long pants to dinner and that annoyed me because this is ONE HELL OF A HOT AREA AND THE ONE AREA WHERE YOU WOULD NOT WEAR LONG PANTS, I think they have changed that. I think the Ranch less formal than the Inn and would recommend the Ranch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Oasis at Death, situated in a lush oasis surrounded by the vast and arid desert of Death Valley National Park, California is just 120 miles northwest of Las Vegas, Nevada and 275 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. This property hosts two hotels - the historic, 4-diamond, 66 room Inn at Death Valley and the more family oriented 224 room Ranch at Death Valley. The Inn at Death Valley offers guests elegant accommodations in the heart of Death Valley. This 4-diamond resort has operated for more than 86 years, and still pampers every guest. The Ranch at Death Valley has been welcoming guests since 1933 and offers a casual, family-like setting - the perfect complement to the classic elegance of the Inn at Death Valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Oasis at Death Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Furnace Creek Inn And Ranch Hotel Death Valley National Park
- Furnace Creek Resort
- Furnace Creek Hotel
- Furnace Creek Ranch
- Furnace Creek Inn Death Valley