This was a good place to stay considering where it is. The main issue with this place was the air con. It's the one place you need it when in furnace creek (the name says it all!). It was SO noisy...and I'm not just talking a gentle whir. It would 'rev up' and then wind down and I can only compare it to sounding like the engine when you're on an aeroplane and it's starting up for take off. There was no option to turn it off as we would have just melted. But having to stuff rolled up toilet paper in my eyes and sleep with a pillow held over my head (by myself, not my husband!) was not ideal. Especially as we had just spent 8 hours driving through Yosemite to Death Valley, and had the trip to Vegas the next day. We left feeling exhausted. The bathroom was a bit dingy and the whole room could do with a refresh and smartening up.
Saying that, the pool was big and the shop onsite was well stocked and staff were friendly. We ate in the bar eatery and not the steakhouse restaurant. The food was okay - not great for the price and portions were on the small side, which is most unlike America and some of the other places we stayed at during our honeymoon.
This place is okay and because of where it is it doesn't really need to do much, it's not like there are hotels everywhere in the middle of Death Valley and I think it really cashes in on this fact so cuts corners when it shouldn't.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Furnace Creek Resort, situated in a lush oasis surrounded by the vast and arid desert of Death Valley National Park, California is just 120 miles northwest of Las Vegas, Nevada and 275 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. This property hosts two hotels - the historic, 4-diamond, 66 room Inn at Furnace Creek and the more family oriented 224 room Ranch at Furnace Creek. The Inn at Furnace Creek offers guests elegant accommodations in the heart of Death Valley. This 4-diamond resort has operated for more than 86 years, and still pampers every guest. The Ranch at Furnace Creek has been welcoming guests since 1933 and offers a casual, family-like setting - the perfect complement to the classic elegance of the Inn at Furnace Creek. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire and Otel so you can book your Furnace Creek Inn and Ranch Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Furnace Creek Inn And Ranch Hotel Death Valley National Park
- Furnace Creek Resort
- Furnace Creek Hotel
- Furnace Creek Ranch
- Furnace Creek Inn Death Valley