“Not Overly Impressed”

Death Valley Day Trip from Las Vegas
$218.99*
Small-Group Death Valley National Park Day Trip from Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in Death Valley, this small salt pond is more than 280 feet below sea level, making it the lowest point in North America.
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We visited Badwater to see the salt flats and for the fact that it is the lowest point in the US. I must admit I was disappointed by the salt flats, which looked seriously well walked. There is also very little there really, I suppose its worth doing to tick off, but you wont spend much time there.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is the only place in North America that you can be otside a diving bell, 284 ft. under sea level and not get wet.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is another place we called at on our last day. My husbnd who is a keen photographer was disappointed that we didn't come here the previous night so he could do some night photograph. This was my favourite as I could have been on another planet. Definately worth a visit and when you see the sea level sign high on the rock behind you, wow.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Last time we visited Badwater it was a desolate spot. They have changed it in a way that completely ruined the experience. A huge parking lot. Walking bridges everywhere. Only forgot a McDonalds. No way to make again that middle of the desert picture we made here 15 years ago.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

The lowest point in North America but one of the highest points of our trip. It feels as if you are on another planet. We arrived and there was 2 buses and we decided to stay out on the salt flats until they left. It was just my family and the hot breeze. It was a great feeling.