Dog friendly - Nicest place to stay since Furnace Creek Inn does not allow pets.
Location - right at the sand dunes - well situated to do the main park highlights
Clean - spacious rooms - single story - park outside your door
Saloon is great and has a surprisingly good selection on tap including Mammoth Brewing beers. Since we have a dog, we were able to order our dinner "to-go".
Restaurant is good also and the breakfast biscuits are killer
General store across the street
No internet except for a slow connection in the lobby
Air conditioning was loud...but did serve as white noise in case of exterior sounds. At least it worked since it was 100 degrees in April.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stovepipe Wells Village hotels, located in the heart of Death Valley National Park, is the ultimate destination for adventure traveler and families searching to explore all that Death Valley has to offer. Authentically western, rustic yet comfortable, Stovepipe Wells Village is a unique, full-service hotel featuring the Badwater Saloon and Tollhouse Restaurant. Our hotel is a full-service destination offering a variety of amenities including a gas station and a full-stocked General Store. After hiking around the badlands, sand dunes and canyons, Stovepipe Wells Village is more than a welcome sight with our friendly, knowledgeable staff, great food and cold drinks. It's a place where history is made and legends born. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Stovepipe Wells Village Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stovepipe Wells Village Hotel Death Valley National Park
- Stovepipe Wells Village Resort