We really enjoyed our stay at Stovepipe Wells. It is a lovely hotel/model in the middle of the desert, so there is a few things to point out.
- You will love the pool, which is cool enough to enjoy when it is 45 degrees outside.
- You will appreciate the ice distributor, because there is no cold water in the room - even when you turn the cold water on, you get hot water.
- The only places you can get food from are the general store and the restaurant, and they close at 10pm.
- Food and goods are a bit expensive, but after all, you are in the desert.
- The two double beds room can get a bit tiny when you are four sharing it.
- The gift shop is actually quite good, and not too tacky-touristy.
- The fuel is cheaper there than in Furnace Creek so fill up the tank before heading south-east.
I would definitely stay again, the staff is great, there is a computer room with board games. And you can go watch the sunset in the dunes, 2 minutes away by car. If you are planning to go to Death Valley, definitely stop there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stovepipe Wells Village hotels, located in the heart of Death Valley National Park, is the ultimate destination for adventure traveler and families searching to explore all that Death Valley has to offer. Authentically western, rustic yet comfortable, Stovepipe Wells Village is a unique, full-service hotel featuring the Badwater Saloon and Tollhouse Restaurant. Our hotel is a full-service destination offering a variety of amenities including a gas station and a full-stocked General Store. After hiking around the badlands, sand dunes and canyons, Stovepipe Wells Village is more than a welcome sight with our friendly, knowledgeable staff, great food and cold drinks. It's a place where history is made and legends born. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Otel and HotelsClick so you can book your Stovepipe Wells Village Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stovepipe Wells Village Hotel Death Valley National Park
- Stovepipe Wells Village Resort