We stayed 5/31-6/02 in the Stovepipe Wells Village. The people were super friendly. The people the gift shop, general store, bar and restaurant all chatted with us and remembered us from one day to the next. The bartender poured great drinks and let me sample the tap beer to see which one I prefered. The food at the restaurant was high priced but the portions were large. They had buffet breakfast, lunch is served in the bar then the restaurant opens for dinner again. We got a deluxe room and it had a nice flat screen and the ac kept the room at 75º without any problems. That was good because it was 113º outside. Parking was right outside the front door. The room had a back door with a little patio so you could put a folding chair out there and enjoy the sunrise if you wanted to. There was a mini fridge in the room that kept stuff cold. They put 2 bottles of water in the room and gave us a coupon for a bag of ice at the general store. The coffee in the room wasn't very good. They have slow wireless internet in the lounge and bar plus there are 2 computers to use in the lounge. There is a pool open late and that is nice when it is so hot. The website had a 25% off code so the room rate was a lot cheaper than Furnace Creek. The gas is expensive but 50 cents to a dollar a gallon less than the other 2 places to get gas in the park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stovepipe Wells Village hotels, located in the heart of Death Valley National Park, is the ultimate destination for adventure traveler and families searching to explore all that Death Valley has to offer. Authentically western, rustic yet comfortable, Stovepipe Wells Village is a unique, full-service hotel featuring the Badwater Saloon and Tollhouse Restaurant. Our hotel is a full-service destination offering a variety of amenities including a gas station and a full-stocked General Store. After hiking around the badlands, sand dunes and canyons, Stovepipe Wells Village is more than a welcome sight with our friendly, knowledgeable staff, great food and cold drinks. It's a place where history is made and legends born. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Stovepipe Wells Village Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stovepipe Wells Village Hotel Death Valley National Park
- Stovepipe Wells Village Resort