“Great dinner with a view”

Crater Lake Lodge Dining Room
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Compared to other National Park Lodges, our family would rank this very near the top for both breakfast and dinner. The restaurant is expensive, but that is a given for all NP restaurants. We found the quality of the food to be good and fresh. The steaks, lamb, and salmon were all excellent as were the salads. The service was better at breakfast, but I believe that is due to the fact that dinners were very crowded from 5-10pm. The only complaint we had was that our steaks and lamb were a little undercooked vs. what we requested. I suggest ordering medium-well if you like medium. The sunset views were amazing. A meal here is an expensive treat you will not regret.

1  Thank plazb

Reviewed August 7, 2014

We camped a couple of nights at Crater Lake and very much enjoyed a meal at the Crater Lake Lodge Dining Room. Made a reservation a week in advance, showed up 10 mins early and were seated promptly. Wait staff were friendly and efficient, orders went in in short order ;}>, warm rolls/butter and appetizers / salads were served in a few minutes. Main dishes followed at a nice pace -- didn't feel rushed to eat even though the DR was full. I had salmon, partner had the pork loin. Both were delicious and of above average quality. The serving sizes were about right, but we were glad not to have ordered meatloaf like the diners next to us did. Very generous portions and they couldn't finish (but they did enjoy!). Prices were high but about right for the location. Would return on next trip to Crater Lake, and maybe even stay a night in the lodge.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

The food at the lodge is generally excellent but the service fails to match that quality. We had four dinners and four breakfasts at the restaurant; Too often the poor quality of the service detracted from an otherwise enjoyable experience. I rarely tip less than 15 percent and often give more. At several meals I left considerably less. Some of the waiters were highly inattentive and seemed to disappear for 15-20 minutes at a time. At dinner a hostess would seat us and say that a server would be with us in a "minute." Fifteen minutes later we were able to attract a waiter's attention. One night we waited nearly 55 minutes from the time we were seated until we received our entree. The restaurant should not be used as a training school, but it surely seemed to be for several of the people that allegedly waited on us. Be sure you make reservations in advance for dinner. In the summer the restaurant is full in the summer.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

The menu is wonderful and we came back two days in a row just to sample more offerings. The atmosphere is elegant and casual at the same time. Lodge environs with wonderful views.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I wanted to see the lodge and the Dining Room was half empty at 1 pm on a Sunday and menu looked OK, so I decided to have lunch.

I got the "best" small table with a fabulous view and ordered the pike over arugula that came with fries. Service good and my food came quickly. The fish was OK but lacked seasoning and the fries were thick and a bit undercooked with no flavor. It was adequate but underwhelming.

In retrospect, pack a picnic or find a subway and bring a sandwich to save time and $$. The other food option I declined was the Rim Cafe with limited, pre-made, quick shop type foods at high prices.