“cozy with good food”

Crater Lake Lodge Dining Room
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Pahrump, Nevada
“cozy with good food”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

It was cloudy (no view), very cold and windy so we were happy to come in but the fireplace was not lit. The table lanterns weren't lit, either, so it seemed a little dark and chilly in the dining room. The staff was very friendly and attentive. The food was just OK for the high price. My husband thought his hamburger was outstanding and that's sayin' something! I ordered an omelet that was supposed to have goat cheese on top and they forgot the cheese and brought it to me cold in a little cup.

• Visited September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Dover, New Jersey
“Great Food, Great atmosphere”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We arrived on a snowy day, a bit after noon and the dining room was fairly empty (the early snow scared folks away). We ate a simple lunch of soup and salad. My son had fish and chips. Service was excellent and so was the lunch. I especially recommend the lunch for visitors who are not staying in the lodge and are there only for the afternoon. It gives you a chance to see what an old fashioned National Park lodge can be like. We also had our supper there - more expensive (bottle of wine etc). Worth it if you can afford it.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank mghtmck
“Beautiful lodge, really good food”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Had lunch at the Lodge, had a salad, which was excellent, fresh and plentiful. Wonderful place to sit and enjoy the view of the Lake. I really enjoy eating in these old Lodges, it it like living a bit in the past.

Visited September 2013
Houma, Louisiana
“Food as good as the view”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We ate dinner here during our stay at the Lodge. We made a reservation for when the restaurant opened so that we'd have a good chance of getting a window seat, which we did. Had a beautiful view of the lake. The dinner was excellent. The tomato and basil breads with herb butter were a good start. My husband and I shared the buffalo meat loaf with a mushroom merlot sauce, vegetables and potatoes. The kitchen split the dinner for a $5 fee, giving us each full portions of the sides.

• Visited August 2013
New York
“An oasis in a food desert”
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

One of the few very good meals I've had in the area. Our waiter was Arthur and he was excellent. He was very attentive and had some great recommendations. My husband had the chicken wrap with Asian slaw and he really enjoyed it. I ordered the chowder (excellent) and a salad with apples, blue cheese and hazelnuts that was fresh and crisp. The dining room was beautiful but I was puzzled that the management decided to set up their service areas right next to the fireplace - the giant fireplace that should have been showcased better (rather than having tables set up on the stonework holding place settings and coffee warmers).

Visited September 2013