“NapaValleyArtist”

Crater Lake Lodge Dining Room
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This was a very mediocre dining experience. We had invited a friend to join us at this incredibly beautiful National Park. After a long hike, we were looking forward to an excellent meal. Instead, I was embarrassed by the poor quality of the Lodge's food. I ordered the Ahi tuna. What arrived were two thin slices of grey frozen Ahi. ($39) My friend ordered Halibut and was unimpressed with the quality and presentation. ($39) My husband's Caesar salad was obviously out of a bag with food chain croutons. He never received the oyster crackers he requested. Service was slow and unimpressive. We have stayed and dined at similar Park hotels, such as Yosemite's Ahwahnee and Canada's NP Fairmont Hotels. Xanterra is missing a great opportunity to offer the public a first class lodge experience at one of our most beautiful NP settings.

3  Thank Napa_Valley_Foody

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We had lunch at window table, and had terrific service and a healthy and tasty meal. The room is vintage, and timeless. We had the best service from our busy boy, Josh. He was very knowledgeable about the park, wildlife and even found a place to charge my iphone. He could run the place some day! Even without Josh, it would still have been wonderful!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

during our car trip around the lake, we stopped here for lunch.
service was very good, from the hostess and the waiter.
we had fish and chips and they were delicious. overall the place is very good.
the outside seating area over looks the lake and most people were enjoying the view with a glass of adult beverages.
we wanted to stay at the lodge but there were no rooms available...so off to Klamath Falls.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

A group of us stopped by the lodge at Crater Lake for lunch. Because we had preordered our selection, we only had two choices. The fish and chips were good but nothing to write home about. The berry cobbler was ample and not too sweet. We will go back another time when we order off the menu and have a wider choice of foods.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We really enjoyed our dinner. I had Bison Meat Loaf with Masala-mushroom glaze, mashed potatoes and fresh squashes cooked perfectly. The meat loaf was presented as a large ball. It was super. My husband had the roast duck with citrus-chili glaze. He loved it. The service was excellent too. We're now trying to re-create the recipes. The desserts were superb too. I had the 3-layer chocolate cake with caramel drizzle. My husband had blueberry bread pudding and loved that too.