“Breakfast by the fire on a snowy day” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Annie Creek Restaurant

Annie Creek Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bloomington, Illinois
“Breakfast by the fire on a snowy day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

We visited Crater Lake Sept 24-27 during/right after their first big snow storm (5 inches?) of season and stayed in the Lodge 3 nights. Since the dining room at the lodge is pricey we branched out and tried Annie Creek for breakfast one morning before hiking in Godfrey Glen. I was surprised to find it open because I was under the impression it closed mid-Sept. There were only a couple of other tables occupied so we got a choice seat by the fireplace. I had the 2 pancake, 2 eggs, 2 sausage breakfast and my husband had the ham and cheese omlet with eggs, hash browns and toast. All was very tasty and large portions, neither of us could finish. I could have gone with 1 pancake and 2 eggs because the pancakes were like 12 inches across! The sausage patties were pretty greasy and just ok. That was the only thing that was sub-par though. With hot chocolate, orange juice and tip the total came to $30.

1 Thank WtrflGrl

Tucson, Arizona
“Amazing Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

My chicken fetuccine alfredo was lukewarm, bland, thebreadstick was cold and greasy, and there was a bone in one of the pieces of chicken, which severely turned me off from eating the rest of the meal. That particular plate was extremely disappointing, especially since it was around $18. On the other hand, my partner's mushroom swiss burger was amazing, and it was a great value for what you got. When I confronted the server (who was awesome) with the issue, she immediately apologized (very thoughtfully and authentically) and brought the manager to the table. My plate was made free, and their handling of the situation was an absolutely perfect example of amazing customer service. Definitely the best customer service I've ever had at a restaurant. The manager, Derrick (I hope I spelled it properly) was very friendly and made the rest of our meal a pleasant experience. My plate may have been a disaster, but their perfect customer service and the awesome mushroom swiss burger won my loyalty, and I will definitely be back to Annie Creek next time I trek up to Crater Lake. In summation, it's phenomenal, but do NOT order the chicken fettucine alfredo...

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Brandon D
Medford, Oregon
“Surprised!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

After visiting Crater Lake in September's 8 inch snowfall, we decided to try Annie Creek. We both had hamburgers; mine was a Shroom cheeseburger. Excellent. Good service. The food was piping hot and the fries were also good. We were pleasantly surprised, thinking it might be a tourist trap.

New York
“Pleasant wait staff, solidly good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Ate here three times while in the Crater Lake area and all meals were very good. The onion rings were excellent. The pizza was actually pretty decent and that's coming from NYC dwellers. It wasn't NY pizza but it was totally acceptable. The buffalo chicken wrap was ok. The cheeseburger was very good - big, flavorful and cooked to order. The veggie burger was huge and very good. The cod was pretty good and definitely fresh - I would recommend. The service was very friendly; really nice waitstaff and they were helpful in giving updates on the weather and good spots in the park to check out. If I had one tiny complaint about the service, it would be that the courses weren't timed well. We found ourselves hurrying to finish up appetizers because the main course was out on the table while we were still enjoying the first course. Otherwise really enjoyed, and location right at park entrance can't be beat. FYI, you can get to Annie's Creek Restaurant without actually entering the park.

Visited September 2013
Phoenix
“Nice alternative to the Crater Lake Lodge Dining room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

We went here after a disappointingly expensive dinner at the Crater Lake Lodge dining room. Maybe because our expectations were low after the Crater Lake Lodge, but we thought Annie’s was excellent. We sat outside, which was very pleasant. We shared a chocolate milkshake, which was a real milkshake, not some nondairy substitute concoction. The salad for $4.95 was large and ten times better than the salad we had at Crater Lake Lodge. True, it was iceberg lettuce, but it had lots of blue cheese in the dressing and carrots, onions and croutons. We shared a cheeseburger, which at ½ a pound was plenty for two (especially with a milkshake). The burger comes with fries. Our bill was less than half our bill at Crater Lake Lodge and the meal was three times as good. I’d highly recommend Annie’s, especially as an alternative to the over-priced and mediocre food at Crater Lake Lodge.

3 Thank PhoenixRobin