Ways to Experience Crater Lake National Park
from $885.00
More Info
2,936 results
All reviews rim drive bucket list visitor center boat tour blue water late june gift shop southern oregon sunny day closed due south entrance rocking chairs natural wonder awe inspiring long drive united states out of the way
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I can scratch this off my bucket list and will definitely go back to see many more times ... I live just a couple hours from here now , so I’ll be back ... If anyone is in the area , they must go see this beautiful place ... There is so much history here , I was amazed of its beauty ... Enjoy

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were unfortunate with the fact that we picked the weekend when they had the bike friendly day, during which, the closed the east rim road (about 2/3 thirds of the loop), and only left the west rim road open to cars, but we still enjoyed it so much. If you’re planning to go in September, check for that event and plan accordingly. Eventually, they open up the east side after 6pm.

You can spend your whole day at the park, we didn’t camp, but I’d definitely suggest doing that. There are a lot of trails to do. If you’re there just for the view and pictures, I would suggest doing the east side in the morning, then the west side in the afternoon, to align with the sun being behind you. The loop has vista points all around the lake, parking shouldn’t be a problem. If you’re looking to do the boat tour, they only operate for roughly 2 months in summer (July-August), according to the park ranger, depends on the snow condition in spring.

Overall, the park is great for both family day trip, or multi-night camping trip. I’d definitely like to come back and visit again in the future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

What an amazing experience- Accessible for any age/level!
The drive to the park is beautiful and fun to watch for wildlife. After we took a million photos at the main entrance point we went to the main center to get a map and some cool insights for things to do.
With our 19 month old we got a late start to the day and had a 1.5hr drive back so we couldn't do any of the hikes but they were all labeled so well and made it super easy to decide what to do. We ended up doing the rim drive which was breathtaking! Our baby slept the whole time so it was a perfect way for us to see what we wanted to and him to get a nap so we didn't have a fussy little guy to deal with.
We had dinner at the park restaurant which was so nice since we just wanted some real food instead of snacks, although lots of people had picnics they ate at one of the 30+ turn outs along the drive.
AMAZING experience

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I remember as a small kid visiting this place with my family. It left a maked impression on me then. Now, as a senior adult, I wanted to share this experience with my spouse. We initially stopped by the Visitors Center to get information, get our bearings and to use the restrooms before venturing forth. The short drive to the crater's rim presented us with a beautiful panoramic view of the entire lake - absolutely beautiful! The drive that circles the crater allows for many stops to view and take pictures. No one driving is in a hurry and all want to take time to cature each moment was we move from place to place. The deep blue color of the lake is magnificant. It took us about 3 hours to drive around the entire rime. This is a fantastic place, one to treasure in our memories forever.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We visited the first week of August, so the road around the crater rim was fully open. If you go earlier in the year, it may not be open due to the massive amounts of snowfall they receive. We ate lunch at the Crater Lake Lodge, then started our drive around the lake. We hiked to the Watchman Peak Trail, which ascends about 450' in the half mile up. The starting elevation is about 7600' above sea level, so you end up around 8000'. Note that you can't enter the watchtower at the top. The views are great from here, and also from all the other overlooks around the loop around the rim.

Date of experience: August 2019