“One of the wonders of the world”

Crater Lake National Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Beautiful lake which is the centerpiece of Crater Lake National Park.
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Words failed us when we stepped onto the terrace of the Crater Lake Lodge and the lake views unfurled before us. It was mesmerizing. The drive around the lake was spellbinding.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,458)

Reviewed October 4, 2012

You have to experience seeing this beautiful blue lake for yourself. After the Grand Canyon, I think it will be my favorite and spectacular place to see. Staying at the Lodge was wonderful as well. Only God can create such beauty. Reservations are a must both at Lodge and for dining.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I am working on a contract a few hours away, so I have gone there a few times already. I took the Wizard Island boat tour, which was well worth the $42. We explored Wizard Island for 3 hours. Bring a picnic lunch to eat at the top of the crater. I swam in the refreshingly cool water, but wear water shoes because the bottom is rocky. We traveled around the rim and looked out at each viewpoint. We hiked to the top of the Watchman Peak to watch the sun set and the full moon rise, which was spectacular. The blue in the water is an incredible color and pictures cannot completely capture the reality.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

More beautiful than the Grand Canyon! You literally walk from the parking lot and find yourself on the rim of Crater Lake. The azure blue water reflects the cloud from above and makes for one heck of an awe-inspiring moment. Crater Lake must be one of the most hidden and unsung national parks in the USA. There are not a lot of barriers along the trails of the crater so if you have kids keep an eye on them because the drop is rather significant. The drive up is a bit lengthy but it’s worth it!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I was there last Sunday, a perfect day, 75 degrees, no clouds and no breeze.

Crater Lake is stunning.....................just go there, you will not be disappointed

Enough said!