“Nice place to go for relax”

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Sponsored by:
A TripAdvisor Member
“Nice place to go for relax”
Reviewed January 24, 2006

Channel Islands is a very nice place to go if you love camping.You have a lot of activities to do during the day , hiking, riding , kayaking .
And for sure is a good place to take pictures
To get there you just need to get a boat from Ventura, the trip just take an hour. You need to pack food and water.
The place has amazing views , you just need to hike and you get the most beautiful scenes.
Weather is nice during the summer, I don't recommend during fall, it could be very windy.

18 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
“Everyone should do this!”
Reviewed February 6, 2005

It wasn’t until I moved to Santa Barbara that I’d even heard of the Channel Islands, let alone the possibility to explore the islands by kayak. Through the Park Service I found Aquasports, a kayaking outfitter, and they arranged a trip for me out to Santa Cruz Island. My first trip was unbelievable! My roommate and I had never kayaked on the open ocean and we were both a little hesitant at first, but once we were coached through the first cave we were hooked! The guides were very receptive to our comfort level and worked to build our confidence on the water. It was great having running commentary on the islands and wildlife, while still maintaining the feel of being on an expedition through unexplored territory. We paddled through numerous sea caves, each very different from the previous one. I have since been to both Anacapa Island and Santa Barbara Island and each trip has proven to be a fabulous adventure. The camping is best at Santa Cruz Island, but I would highly recommend exploring all of the islands, as each is it’s own treasure.

28 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Been to Channel Islands National Park? Share your experiences!