“Clean and Quick”

Carlsbad Caverns Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The food was average but the restaurant was clean and the service was quick and friendly. Average Prices.

Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Average fare for a decent price. The food was actually not bad, and even more suprisingly not priced as high as you would expect for a tourist attraction. Clean tables. Hot food. Average flavor. Less than average selection.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Normally food services in tourist areas are hasty, expensive, and rough. But this one in the center was amazing. Foods are fresh, clean; services are friendly and fast that made you feel that they truly tried to make you feel comfortable for your tour experience rather than their business or economy. They are also efficient too!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We ate lunch here on our recent trip to the caverns. The restaurant is in the visitor's center, next to the gift shop.
They had several items to choose from. The employees stand behind the food counter, and get what hot items you request. You then pay at the registers. I could see this set-up being very time consuming when the restaurant is busy. Fortunately we ate early enough that there was only one other couple in line ahead of us.
I ordered a cheese quesedilla, which was really good. My kids got the cheese quesidilla kids meals, and liked them. My husband got a taco. The kids got juice boxes included in their kids meals, and my husband and I got the fountain drinks (you buy your cup from the cashier when you pay).
I thought the prices a bit high; my quesadilla was almost nine bucks. I expected high prices considering the location.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by the prices of the food and what they had to offer...they use the freshest ingredients and local fare.