“Excellent guided tour, includes the "lights out" experience”
Review of King's Palace

King's Palace
More attraction details
Owner description: This area of the Caverns contain the most stalactites and stalagmites, and must be visited with a guide.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We did the Big Room self-guided audio tour and the King's Palace guided tour. We thoroughly enjoyed both, and would do them both again. The formations are spectacular in both areas. In the King's Palace tour, they turn the lights out, and our tour guide chose my daughter turn the lights off and on which was a thrill for her. The only downside to the King's Palace tour is the large size of the group, which makes the tour move a little slower than we'd like. The self-guided audio tour in the Big Room allows you to slow down for photos when you want, and speed up when you want. Bring a jacket or long sleeved shirt, the temp is in the 50s.

All reviews
in 14 reviews
"beautiful formations"
"ask questions"

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Definitely something to see. The caves were beautiful (but cold, dress warmly). We took the Kings Palace Tour, which is very reasonable priced. We learned a lot, but it is a bit long.

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed the tour. It was worth the extra money but I was glad I did it before the big room. This way I did not have to pay for nor feel like I had to have the audio tour for the big room. My only complaint was with myself. I should have planned better and walked down from the natural entrance then did the kings tour then the big room and then elevator it up. We just did not plan our time correctly.

1  Thank ShariH394
Reviewed July 2, 2013

These rooms are so big, and filled with many wonders. Highly recommend the tour. The rangers are great sources of info, and do not rush the group so you can enjoy.