“I hated it!!”

Cowboy Ranch House at Bryce Canyon Resort
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Our new Executive Chef, Anthony Aiuto, has created a menu that will remind you of the Wild West. With steaks, ribs, chicken and award winning white fish, we have something to satisfy any taste buds. Our selection of Mexican dishes have an authentic feel with recipes passed down from family to family here in the local area. With 12 beers on tap including 9 local micro-brews, we have the perfect accompaniment to wash down your meal with. So saddle up the Cowboy Ranch House and enjoy true Western Cuisine!
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The food took forever to be served! We were there for nearly 2 hours and spent about 10 minutes eating! The server was very rude! Will never eat there again!

There are newer reviews for Cowboy Ranch House at Bryce Canyon Resort

Reviewed August 6, 2013

One time I had a Cowboy Ranch Burger with onion rings. Personally, I hate onion rings but, here I love them.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

You should definitely eat breakfast at the Bryce Canyon Resort Restaurant. They have the BEST breakfast I think I've ever had! Get the steak and eggs and enjoy all the cowboy and outlaw memorabilia on the walls and the Johnny Cash playing.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

It doesn't look like much & is probably the least advertised restaurant in Bryce Canyon BUT... The food & the service was better than the other restaurants in the area. Yes, some of the items are on the pricey side but there are several menu items that are not as expensive. I had the New York steak for dinner & a smoked salmon platter for breakfast the following morning & both were delicious & filling. My family was surprisingly satisfied with their entrees as well. We will return one more time before we leave not because we absolutely love the place but because it was the best restaurant we found in Bryce.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

My wife and I with two children ate here July 21, 2013. Food was fine- good burger, blah nachos. Almost no chocolate sauce on the chocolate sundae. Expensive, like all restaurants around there.

When bill came, 18% tip was built in. Good thing I noticed, because nobody was going to point it out- just a line item on a printed receipt. What made me angry, though, was that when my credit card approval slip came, it clearly stated "PRE-TIP AMT 53.89", then left a line for me to add a tip, then a line for the total. The other receipt, which was in the same folder, showed 7.64 gratuity as being part of that 53.89.

I asked the hostess to speak with the manager, but was told there was no one there, I would have to speak with the hostess and my waitress. I explained that the dishonesty in billing left a bad taste in my mouth. The waitress tried to defend it by explaining that the restaurant check and the credit card bill were on different systems, but that still leaves no excuse for her not pointing it out as she gave us the check.

I would have tipped 20% if the tip had not been built in, and regret now not making noise about the 18% that I did pay. I wish I had stiffed the waitress for trying to get over on me.

Gregory S, Owner at Cowboy Ranch House at Bryce Canyon Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Your opinion is important to us.

We charge an automatic 18% gratuity as many of our consumers are international visitors, many of whom it is not their custom to tip. This is not a disparage on them but rather an cultural difference in how we compensate our servers in the US compared to other countries. In many areas tipping is not done but servers are also paid a much higher wage than we do here in the states. We do not hide the fact that we add this gratuity to all bills. It is written at the bottom of EVERY page on our menu and is also spelled out on the detailed receipt.

Additionally, many guests choose to tip more than 18%. I for one tip 20% or even more for what I consider excellent service. That is why there is a line on the credit card receipt for guests, whom choose to, can add a bit more to their tip. It is not a requirement and many guests choose to just tip the 18% gratuity. But for those who want to show appreciation for service that was friendly and fast they have that option.

I hope this explains why the additional line is on the Credit Cards.

Again, we are glad you enjoyed your burger and hope you had a great visit to the Canyon